Permanent Tree stand.

yamaha200

Going this morning to finish a permanent stand for my son to hunt out of. I have the platform built, and the ladder up. Just got to put shooting rails up, bench to sit on, and burlap for cover. He has killed 5 deer on the ground in the same spot I am building it. This should help us get our sent up and out of the way. Been busted on the ground a few times there. It is 54" by 50". 19 feet to the plat form. I have about $150 in it. We will not hunt it til the Muzzle loader, hunting a different place on the youth hunt. I think the deer will be use to it by the muzzle loader. Any one else hunt out of a permanent stand. I have another one built on the same tract of land, that I have killed probably 30 deer out of.

Redfred16

No one does now, but the father of my friend did for the last 10 years he was alive and always got the most and biggest deer.

We've ripped all his other old stands down as they began to rot, but we left his favorite up and keep it in good repair and no one is allowed to hunt out of it in his honor.

Winchester

Ive killed dozens of deer over the years from permanent stands! In my younger days I would climb and hunt from most anything I found in an area I liked, regardless of how delapitated they were. The public land of middle/West TN was absolutely loaded with permanent stands at one time. I was very fortunate to have never had one brake with me! Just be very careful to keep it in good condition as year round in the elements is very hard on them, especially coupled with the movement involved swaying in the wind.

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
Be careful hunting out of the permanent/treehouse style stands. We used to use them until my dad fell about 17 ft to the ground as he was climbing down and the nails pulled out of the tree on the top step. He had taken me on the juvenile hunt and I watched him fall. Luckily he landed just right and it just knocked the wind out of him. All of our stands were made out of treated lumber and large nails.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
I have fell 15ft out of a permanent stand the top step broke and it was out of treaded wood also fell threw the latter and caught the second step in the ribs and fell threw and hit the base of the tree I was hunting by my self.up till that day I loved hunting out of them type of stands now I run when I see one. So becareful and good luck

Savage

really like hunting out of them, but I use an 18v drill and sheetrock screws for building. Also have made them with a detachable ladder that would be removed and stored in a dry area during the off season. Definately the most comfortable way to hunt, IMO.

yamaha200

I used all pressure treated wood, and 3 inch decking screws. Where I mounted the frame to the tree, I also used 8 inch galvinized nails. My other one I built is on it's 8th year. Was in great shape last year. Going to check it out next week and see if, and what kind of repairs need to be made to it. I used a 2x4, with a 2x6 on top laying flat for a shooting rail. It will give him a good rest to shoot off of. I got a picture of it with my phone. I will try and figure out how to load it on here.

yamaha200

We have put up 3 different stands in that area. They all 3 have been stolen everytime, in each season. Hard to still a permanent stand. We will have our safety harness on at all times.

Latest posts