People kill me! (Kind of a long read)

Ckirk4bama

Last night around midnight my eye started itching really bad so I woke up to realize the poison oak on my leg had spread to my eye lid; any ways I throw on some clothes and head to Walgreens to try and get something to help with the itching and swelling. I am in line and the man in front of my reeks of alcohol, he is trying to buy one candy bar and get ten dollars cash back. The cashier ran his card three or four times and he finally says sir your card is declining do to insufficient funds. The man nods and walks out. I pay for my things and head on my way. I walk out the door to hear the drunk man getting loud with his girlfriend or wife, I continue in the opposite direction until I hear a loud smack. I turned around to see him with his hand grabbing her face trying to push her head toward the wall. I said " hey man this ain't the place for that." He replies " mind your own f-ing business kid." I said "sir when you put your hands on that lady it became my business." He let go and said " this bi--h spends all my money I can't even buy a candy bar." I told him " that's y'all's business but don't touch her like that again, I'm just telling you keep your hands off of the lady, I'm not going to watch any man beat on a woman without trying my hardest to show him what a beating really feels like." At this time I had pretty much gotten close enough to him to show him that I wasn't bluffing, the Walgreens clerk comes out and ask if everything was ok, before I could reply the woman screams out " everything was fine til' this boy came out here." She then looks at me and yells " just leave us alone!" I gritted my teeth and said "yes ma'am". I got in my truck and it ate me up all night. I don't get people any more. Sorry for the long read just figured I would vent.

Snake

Supporter
I agree with you but a story I heard once from my friend reminds me of your situation . I will not in to it much but a friend of mind went to help a lady neighbor(husband beating her) with ignoring his father's advice and ending up fending off both of them . In the future ask if they(women) need help first and then tell them you are fixing to call the police if it don't stop and just maybe that will end it . You could have got into a fix just trying to help but you did the admiral thing believe me . Glad you didn't get into it though .

Dbllunger

Supporter
You did the right thing, well done. She couldn't say thanks or side with you. She had to go home with him unfortunately and it would have been worse when she got there if she gave you any recognition.

Crow Terminator

I know this is going to sound horrible to say...but I am 110% convinced that some women actually like being treated that way by men. I have personally seen and tried to help some that were in relationships like that...and they always go right back to the person or find one just like them...or worse. I have an aunt that I helped move out of her husband's house...he was beating her like crazy. We spent nearly all day packing things and moving her out...only to find out that by the end of the week, she was moving right back in with him. The next time he beat her, he nearly killed her...she said she was finally through and filing charges on him. She ended up dropping charges and going right back to him.

I have several friends that are and or use to be, police officers. Their most dreaded calls to go on were domestic dispute calls...because they never knew what they were getting into, and most of them had pretty wild stories to tell. One in particular involved a real good friend of mine...they responded to a D.D. call and came in to find the husband absolutely beating the tar out of the woman. They jumped on him to arrest him and he was putting up a good fight. They got a little rough with him....and all the while the woman was screaming at them to leave him alone and to not hurt him. When they ignored her screams...she grabbed a knife and jumped on my buddy and began stabbing him. She nearly killed him...he had to have bunches of surgeries and ended up getting disability because of it.

jb3

I don't think they like the beating, some women think they have no where else to turn.

At midnight outside a Walgreens and seeing a man abuse a women, I would have definitely called the cops.

Hunter 257W

I don't like men beating women but the women choose these men and will turn on you in a heart beat if you try to interfere. Most of the time if you could save her from him completely, as CrowTerminator said, she'd just go find one like him. Some women like that "Bad boy" type and there's nothing that can be done to help them.

Diehard Hunter

The easiest way to end up fighting two people at once is to step into a situation like that. My course of action in the past has always been to call the police immediately, and speak loud enough for them to hear me giving their description. With this new fangled phone I have now, I could even shoot video of the abuse.

You cannot and will not change what is happening when you step in. All you can do is get yourself hurt. Let the police handle it. They will take one of them to jail.

TRIGGER

I'm not going to stand behind and watch a man put his hands on a woman. Period. Whatever comes out of it in the end will be a whole lot better for my conscience than to just watch and make a phone call. I would rather get hurt myself than not try to help the girl. I have before and will again if I see something like this happen.

DirtyBear0311

This is one of the few things that I despise more than all else. I dont care about the context, situation, or any other factor that comes into play. If I see a man beating a woman or an adult beating a child, I will get involved and put a stop to that. I dont say that to sound tough or like some great savior of the weak, I just could not bear to think that I couldve stopped that and didnt. My wife dealt with a lot of situations when she was young with her biological father and I just wont stand for any woman or child to go through with what my wife did.

Wildcat

Supporter
There are 100's of thousands of women out there that will stay with their man until those men kill them.