People and their pets,,,,,

Rackseeker

Rackseeker

I really hate to vent on here because I read TNDeer daily but rarely post. People that don't care for their pets really get under my skin. I noticed this dog back during the summer but didnt think much about it. They have it on a short lease tied to the side of a carport but where it cant get under the carport out of the weather. It maybe has 10' in each direction it can move. No dog house to get in out of the weather nothing but bare ground. If it wasnt tied up maybe it could atleast get in out of the weather somewhere. The way it looks they dont feed and water it often. May stop by there tomorrow and kinda act interested in buying it and see what the story is with it.

TDW05

TDW05

Pisses me off to! Seen on Facebook where some people neglected a dog that was pregnant and it ended up freezing to death! Some people are pathetic and to let that happen to an innocent animal shows the type of people they are! Makes me wanna throw their sorry butts outside to freeze.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
If someone is going to have a dog on a chain then why even bother? It's ridiculous. I have 2 outside dogs and 2 inside dogs. My outside dogs are in a big fenced in back yard and get let out a lot to run. When they are let out to run they are on the wireless fence system so they don't go roam around and bother people and let's face it not everyone likes animals and wouldn't want them hurting my dogs because they think they're bothering them. I walled off a room in our garage for them to have heat in the winter and air in the summer and that's where they stay at night and a lot during the day when it's frigid cold. They are like our kids. Will never understand how someone can get an animal and just neglect them.

T

THEdonkey0515

Makes me mad also :evil:

This guy won't sleep anywhere besides the bed right next to my side.

Wife's fault she spoiled him ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 315
RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Our dogs (and cat) are treated better at our house than I am. :)

Roost 1

Roost 1

I have recently, during this cold snap, spent about $75 dollars on my neighbors cat. They don’t pay it much attention, not even sure they feed him. I’m not an animal person, but this cat is prettty cool. He’s been staying indoors with us.

Andy S.

Andy S.

RUGER":10mum0lq said:
Our dogs (and cat) are treated better at our house than I am.
Same thing at my mom's house. The pecking order is the dogs, then my mom, then my sister and and I somewhere far below them. :tu:

This is a true story.

My mom never was a top notch cook by any means, but she always went above and beyond raising my sister and I without my deadbeat dad and on a single income, so this by no means, is a real dig at her, just a funny story that we laugh about often. I remember in middle school and high school ribbing my mom a lot because she didn't make me a country breakfast with eggs like grandma (best cook ever without any recipes) did. My mom never let on to the fact that she could make eggs etc, as I mostly ate cereal, pop tarts and toaster strudels in high school for a quick breakfast.

One day after I graduated college, I told my mom I would be stopping by mid morning Saturday to see her and the dogs. I walk in and there the dogs are, sitting in the kitchen floor eating sausage and fried eggs with a chit eating grin on their face. I have never let her live that down. NEVER! :)

Back to the OP's thread: if you are going to man up and own an animal (your choice, not theirs), you need to man up and take full responsibility and take care of it. That means feed it, care for it, and keep it out of harms way to the best of your ability. That's it in a nutshell.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Andy S.":2ed7hnww said:
RUGER":2ed7hnww said:
Same thing at my mom's house. The pecking order is the dogs, then my mom, then my sister and and I somewhere far below them. :tu:

This is a true story.

My mom never was a top notch cook by any means, but she always went above and beyond raising my sister and I without my deadbeat dad and on a single income, so this by no means, is a real dig at her, just a funny story that we laugh about often. I remember in middle school and high school ribbing my mom a lot because she didn't make me a country breakfast with eggs like grandma (best cook ever without any recipes) did. My mom never let on to the fact that she could make eggs etc, as I mostly ate cereal, pop tarts and toaster strudels in high school for a quick breakfast.

One day after I graduated college, I told my mom I would be stopping by mid morning Saturday to see her and the dogs. I walk in and there the dogs are, sitting in the kitchen floor eating sausage and fried eggs with a chit eating grin on their face. I have never let her live that down. NEVER! :)

Back to the OP's thread: if you are going to man up and own an animal (your choice, not theirs), you need to man up and take full responsibility and take care of it. That means feed it, care for it, and keep it out of harms way to the best of your ability. That's it in a nutshell.

That's a funny story!! But something we would do. It's really bad when my MIL visits because they know they will be eating whatever she is. My daschund from a puppy never got scraps or what I ate and wasn't that much of a begger. When my wife and I got together it all went down the drain and she expects food when we eat it. Her favorite food is any kind of jerky or snack sticks.

H

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Andy S.":3r3b9486 said:
RUGER":3r3b9486 said:

This is a true story.

Thanks Andy. Wife and I got a good laugh. We know cause our dog is same way. Spoiled Rotten!