Pattern consistentcy

stringtalker

I have a CVA Scout 20 gauge turkey gun. My patterns are splotchy or bare in places, honestly not happy with it. I love the gun and have killed several Turkey's with it. Is there anything I can do to have a more evenly spread pattern???

stringtalker

I've been using the Carlson's longbeard choke .568 getting uneven patterns. I've tried a Swarm choke .555 which is to tight in my gun, awful patterns. Maybe I need to try a .570 or .575 I know it gets expensive quick. My barrel is 22" long

deerfever

Try the Carlson 575 non ported turkey choke tube. I have that one in 4 different 20 gauge turkey guns. Great patterns with Federal TSS #9 out of every gun. Like PSF said they are not an expensive tube.

Rakkin6

Started using bore tech gun cleaning products before deer season last year and highly recommend them. I bought the rifle and shotgun cleaning solutions (little pricey but worth it) I deep clean my turkey shotgun barrels every year. Used some of their shotgun solution on them the other day and WOW. Definitely the best I have used. I hate promoting products but this stuff works and there is no smell and no ammonia in the solvent so you can run some through your barrel and let it sit overnight without it damaging your barrelm. Run another wet patch the following day and scrub away.

tnanh

I have several Carlsons 575 for different 20 gauges. Definitely the most consistent patterns in every gun I have tried them in. They may not be the tightest patterns compared to other choke tubes but good, even hunting patterns. I mainly hunt with Hevi 13 7s but 6s pattern better in my 870 for some reason. The Carlsons choke patterned the old Federal Heavyweight 7s very well also but I dont shoot those anymore. I have never shot TSS.

Latest posts