Passed a good one this evening

Pilchard

I had a big one at about 15 yds this evening under a white oak. A big wide 10pt with a lot of mass. I'm not much for scoring deer but I'd guess he was between 150-160 inches.

I let him walk because it didn't feel right shooting him while I was pushing my son on his swing set. I also didn't have a clean shot between the rails on the aluminum fence.

You'd think he would be more weary and wild for being so old. Not sure why he didn't run away when my son yelled "big buck" at the top of his lungs.

I would have taken a picture but I would have had to stop my son's favorite playlist on my phone.

RockMcL

I had a big one at about 15 yds this evening under a white oak. A big wide 10pt with a lot of mass. I'm not much for scoring deer but I'd guess he was between 150-160 inches.

I let him walk because it didn't feel right shooting him while I was pushing my son on his swing set. I also didn't have a clean shot between the rails on the aluminum fence.

You'd think he would be more weary and wild for being so old. Not sure why he didn't run away when my son yelled "big buck" at the top of his lungs.

I would have taken a picture but I would have had to stop my son's favorite playlist on my phone.
One or two year back had a big clean velvet 8 standing in my wife's sweet potato patch in the middle of the day. Definitely over 150". Had a long vine hanging out of his mouth and eventually he slowly walked away dragging/chewing as he went. Several minutes of broadsides before he got concerned with me asking him to sleep in the garden that night. (next morning was the first day of velvet season...)

Saw him only one other time that year, near end of rifle season, with an actually bigger buck chasing a doe through the neighbor's yard.

Far as I know they both are still out there...

Latest posts