Parts Build

TiminTN

I had a rifle stolen several months back, and never realized how expensive it was going to be to replace it. I been collecting parts and finally am at my first trip to shoot.

Attachments

• 16224776088641437854445.jpg
    16224776088641437854445.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88

mr.big

I hate a thief. Daddy said that Wheeler rifle cost a grand more than he paid for a 69 SS 396 Camaro brand new. And that was just the rifle without the scope.

I'm sure you'll be shooting Xs in no time.

TiminTN

Sorry to hear that. How was it stolen? Just the one, or others? That is a nightmare, having guns stolen... and congrats on the new build.
I had shot an F-class match in Como MS, after the drive home I put the rifle in cleaning cradle in the carport. I would run a few patches through it, and let the chemicals work. About the 3rd trip out to the carport, it was gone. Someone must have seen enough from the street driving by to take a chance. I was home, front door open. 357 by the front door, where it stays. The Good Lord was watching over the thief and me. Nobody got killed.

It was about $6500.00 worth of parts/labor

Last edited:

DaveB

That 6500 doesn't count your labor or time.

This reminds me...need a new rider or policy on my weapons. Think I;ll open a thread.

sll

Dang Tim, that sucks...….friggin' crackheads. I am sure they don't know what they got and some pawn shop will give them $200 for it to support their habit. That rifle should stand out like a sore thumb amongst a crowd of others and I am sure you have some "feelers" out hoping it shows up close somewhere.

Is there insurance assistance on that one to get close to what you had in it?

TiminTN

Dang Tim, that sucks...….friggin' crackheads. I am sure they don't know what they got and some pawn shop will give them $200 for it to support their habit. That rifle should stand out like a sore thumb amongst a crowd of others and I am sure you have some "feelers" out hoping it shows up close somewhere.

Is there insurance assistance on that one to get close to what you had in it?
TiminTN insurance agency took care of me great....! Your spot on about the crackhead. The idiot left the bolt to the rifle and cheek piece to the stock. I guess the curly hair on the back of his neck was trying to straighten out from feeling that 357 about to show itself. I had pictures I gave to police and the box the scope came in for serial numbers.

Huntaholic

I hate a thief. Daddy said that Wheeler rifle cost a grand more than he paid for a 69 SS 396 Camaro brand new. And that was just the rifle without the scope.

I'm sure you'll be shooting Xs in no time.
I bet you wish he still had that Camaro though! Ive owned, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens, never a 2nd and a 1st like I would want is out of my pay grade.