Panama City Beach Fishing Guides

Crow Terminator

We used Larry @ North Bay Light Tackle Charters. His boat slip is over by Anderson's Marina. I wouldn't say we had a bad time but wouldn't say it was awesome either. We did a 4 hour trolling trip and basically ran from dolphins the whole time. Dolphins ate half of what we had hooked. We boated several Spanish mackerel and king mackerel, and two mahi mahi. He didn't tell us to not freeze the mackerel fillets...we did, and it was disgusting. It was like oily skipjack when thawed out after being frozen. The only thing delicious was that mahi mahi. Larry wasn't exactly a cut up...was serious demeanor, which is fine with me because I could see that he just was trying really hard to put us on a bunch of fish. Everywhere we went the dolphins followed and would intercept the fish as we were reeling them in.

TNlandowner

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure most folks will be booked with snapper season in. I'll reach out and see if anyone has openings. I hope to find someone with a boat with a bathroom as we'll have 3 ladies with us ;o)

mike52

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure most folks will be booked with snapper season in. I'll reach out and see if anyone has openings. I hope to find someone with a boat with a bathroom as we'll have 3 ladies with us ;o)
Boats dont have bathrooms--its called heads

Kirk

I will give you a tip on the charters if you can't find one to book. Walk the docks in the afternoons after the boats have come back in for the day. Give them about an hour to get settled in. A lot of times a Father and child or two will book a trip for full price. Once the "cost reality" has set in and Mama starts griping about the cost, they try to back out and the Captain will offer them the opportunity to split the cost with someone else. Almost every afternoon you will find the Captains or First Mates setting behind the boat with a sign that says 2 more people needed or split the cost of the boat. You can usually buy in for half price and get a trip. It worked for me every single time I tried it.

Crow Terminator

Kirk's tip is a good one and you can also do the same thing in the morning too. Every time I have been out, there have been boats looking for people. Some didn't have anybody at all on them...the captain didn't have bookings for the day, or had people cancel. You can get pretty good deals but there *is* that risk that there might not be any openings.

taylor j

Anyone know of a great fishing guide service near Panama City Beach? We are heading down in a few weeks and are thinking about chartering a boat for snapper fishing.
If you want to snapper fish check out family tradition charters. They have 3-4 boats of varying sizes and offers shared charters a day or two a week. I personally like their night trips! They are on Facebook and show pics of what they catch about every day. I've fished with them twice last year and booked twice in July this year.

Granddaddy

Would suggest that you take a short ride east to Carabelle FL. Much better fishing for snapper, grouper or near shore for specs & reds. Consistently good.

Latest posts