• Help Support TNDeer:

painting new metal

WTM

so my orimer and paint didnt stick and its been 22 years since i worked in a machine shop paint booth. dont have a sand blaster so would 120 grit sand paper help?

E881F7A4-2662-4226-856B-4F1C7400B5C1.jpeg

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

backyardtndeer

Hit it with scotch brite and degrease it with brake cleaner. Don't touch it again with bare hands before spraying.

Jcalder

Supporter
I’ve seen a guy at worth take a torch over metal before painting as well. Can’t tell until he runs the torch over my but there can be a lot of moisture in metal.

WTM

Hit it with scotch brite and degrease it with brake cleaner. Don't touch it again with bare hands before spraying.
yeah i cleaned it with thinner but didnt hit it with abrasive. i did use rubber gloves though. gonna try that and maybe heat it up with a torch. the torch will harden it a little any way and may be better for the seat straps on this garden bench ive been rebuilding.

jlanecr500

Supporter
After wiping down with lacquer thinner, wipe it down with white vinegar. Let dry and paint it.

Latest posts