P90X

The Chum

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
286
Location
TN, USA
Anybody on here ever tried it, im thinking about but still not sure. So if you have tried it were the results good
 

Tenn.Guy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
2,009
Location
Tenn
AWESOME program! Stick with it and you would be amazed at the results. You gotta bw determined and clean out the frige.
 

RatherBeHuntin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
120
Location
Hawkins Co.
I almost puked during the first workout. I'm 6ft. tall and weighed about 180 lbs. and was in decent shape at that time. I didn't put on alot of muscle but did shed quite a bit of body-fat. After about 60 days we had a family outing and some of my aunts, who worry about everything, told me I needed to go see a doctor because I was getting too thin. :grin: I would like to do it again but I don't have the time to commit to it right now. The shortest workout is about an hour long.
 

wayne

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
6,691
Location
Grundy
Tenn.Guy said:
AWESOME program! Stick with it and you would be amazed at the results. You gotta bw determined and clean out the frige.

x2. And you will be able to see results in the mirror by the end of week 2.
 

Zulu

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
1,279
Location
Fayette County
I just finished 180 days of P90X -- did the "lean" program, took two weeks off, then started on the "classic" program. After four weeks on the classic, I felt that it was a little too easy, so I switched to the "doubles" program week 5 (classic and doubles are identical the first four weeks). Needless to say, P90X doubles is a @$$-kicker -- proud to say I finished it, but REALLY glad to be done. FWIW, I'm 46 and haven't been in this kind of shape since my early 20's.
As far as results, this time a year ago I was in terrible shape -- at least 50 lbs overweight and probably couldn't run 1/2 a mile. I knew I wasn't in any condition to start P90X, so I started Power-90 instead. After that I rolled into the Power-90 Master Series, then did P90X Lean, followed by P90X Doubles. So, a year later I'm 65lbs lighter, running 5+ miles 3x a week, and starting to train for a 1/2 marathon.
So, IMHO, yes, P90X works, but only if you do it. Also, be realistic -- if you're really out of shape (like I was), you may want to start with something a bit easier.

Good luck,

Z
 

Bobcat

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2000
Messages
3,203
Location
Jackson, TN USA
I actually just started the Insanity program. I can't keep up with it right now, but I'm getting better at it. I'm still in week one. I started at 237 lbs. I'll let you know the results as I go.
 

RatherBeHuntin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
120
Location
Hawkins Co.
Zulu said:
I just finished 180 days of P90X -- did the "lean" program, took two weeks off, then started on the "classic" program. After four weeks on the classic, I felt that it was a little too easy, so I switched to the "doubles" program week 5 (classic and doubles are identical the first four weeks). Needless to say, P90X doubles is a @$$-kicker -- proud to say I finished it, but REALLY glad to be done. FWIW, I'm 46 and haven't been in this kind of shape since my early 20's.
As far as results, this time a year ago I was in terrible shape -- at least 50 lbs overweight and probably couldn't run 1/2 a mile. I knew I wasn't in any condition to start P90X, so I started Power-90 instead. After that I rolled into the Power-90 Master Series, then did P90X Lean, followed by P90X Doubles. So, a year later I'm 65lbs lighter, running 5+ miles 3x a week, and starting to train for a 1/2 marathon.
So, IMHO, yes, P90X works, but only if you do it. Also, be realistic -- if you're really out of shape (like I was), you may want to start with something a bit easier.

Good luck,

Z
You need to post a pic of yourself because you are definitely someone I don't want to tick off in the future. I wish I had that kind of dedication.
 

Zulu

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
1,279
Location
Fayette County
Bobcat said:
I actually just started the Insanity program. I can't keep up with it right now, but I'm getting better at it. I'm still in week one. I started at 237 lbs. I'll let you know the results as I go.

Bobcat -- I think you've found the key. I haven't done Insanity yet, but from what I've read NOBODY, and that includes Shaun T, keeps up with the workout. The secret is to do a little more every time -- if you only kept up for 30 sec last workout, push for 35 sec next time. It's amazing how quickly those 5 seconds will add up.
But the real secret is KEEP AT IT. The workouts only work if you do them.

Z

"Sweat is weakness leaving the body."
 

fairchaser

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
8,119
Location
TN, USA
I'm 56 and did P90X and P90X II but it took me longer than 90 days each. I will say that it kicks butt but you will get results and definately get stronger. I enjoyed II better than one but they are both very good programs. You'll burn more calories but you have to diet some too to lose weight because you will gain muscle and lose fat so the scales don't change much but the fitness will. The streching and yoga are very beneficial as you age too to keep you moving. It does work cause it might be the hardest workout you've ever done.
 

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 26, 2001
Messages
5,192
Location
Colorado via Mississippi
My wife, in her mid-40's has done the P90x stuff for about 1.5 years. She is in excellent shape. You have to be dedicated.

I tried it, and it dang near killed me. My knees would not allow me to get through much of it. I ended up going on the Adkins diet and loosing about 25 lbs the "lazy way" ..
 

Tenn.Guy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
2,009
Location
Tenn
I did 2 rounds of it last year. Started Body Beast 4 weeks ago. I highly recommend p90x!
 

AndyW

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
5,689
Location
Allardt, TN
Currently doing it. I hate it, but I love it. I just missed 4 days due to traveling on business; so I'm doing the previous week (week 7) over.
 

Latest posts

Top