Over/Under Shotgun

R

rolltide22

If a man was gonna purchase a 20 gauge Over/Under shotgun as an all around need, (Quail, Dove, Trap) what would it be?

duckriver

duckriver

Citori is hard to beat, I've got one in 20 ga. I've also got a beretta 682 that's awesome

pressfit

pressfit

I have a couple of browning citoris.. nice guns.. stay away from the cheap foreign made over and unders...

JimFromTN

JimFromTN

If you are not wanting to spend $1500 on a shotgun, look into the stoeger condor. Not saying its in the same class as a browning or beretta, but it will do what you need it to do. They are a little heavier, not nearly as pretty, and they don't have the trigger selector. They do take mossberg chokes which makes the chokes inexpensive and easy to find and they will hold up. I duck hunted with a 12 ga model in slop for many years and never had a malfunction.

Headhunter

Headhunter

I have an I Rizzini Verona LX 692 gold. awesome gun and great to shoot.

GOHUNT

GOHUNT

A field grade Browning Citori certainly will last you a lifetime. I just acquired a CZ Wingshooter Deluxe (not made any longer). I did quite a bit of research on the internet, reading folks opinions, and I found that the CZ O/Us made by Hugulu (sp?) are very highly though of. Mine is a really nice feeling/swinging shotgun and appears to be very well put together. I'd be pretty sure you can get into one of these for less $$$ than a Citori. Just my $0.02 worth.

7mm08

7mm08

My Citori is Japanese made, not Belgian but I don’t have to worry about banging it on a tree or whatever when i grouse hunted.

Find you an older Ruger Red Label. Great shooting shotguns, light swinging and will not break the bank.

T

TnKen

Browning citori. I have one in 12 that I’ve owned for 30+ years. Shot thousands of shells with no problem. Would like to have a 20 as well, but I don’t upland hunt anymore.

U

Urban_Hunter

Years and years ago I saved my money for a long time to buy a Silver Pigeon. When I finally saved up enough I decided I'd rather have an audio system in my truck. Man I was a smart kid [emoji1]

Tennessee Lead

Tennessee Lead

The little Yildiz from Academy would be my purchase.
A member has one and it's a sweet feeling gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rolltide22

Thanks to all for feedback!! I'd still like to hear more opinions.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

I've got a 20 gauge Yildiz. I really like it. I point it at things and they die. It's been a real good gun for me. Yes, sometimes I sit in my in-laws flower bed and shoot doves.

I also didn't spend so much on it that I felt guilty about drilling the stock and adding a sling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20160902_211911.jpg
    IMG_20160902_211911.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20160905_205550.jpg
    IMG_20160905_205550.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 278
R

rolltide22

Very nice look'n shotgun! So thats why i'm not kill'n birds!! I need to hang out at the house:)

H

Hunt2Live

7mm08":dpbtrl88 said:
Browning Citori. I’ve had mine for 25+ years.
So far quail,doves, grouse, pheasants!
^^^. Very reliable shotguns

S

Setterman

I've got Citoris, Beretta's of several models, and a Franchi.

I personally don't like the Citori's,they're heavy clunky and not the sleek weapon the beretta or franchi are. I really like the beretta models I carry, but my new favorite is a Franchi Instinct SL 20 gauge with a 26" barrel. It's ultra light weight, silky smooth and a killing machine. It doesn't have the style of the others but it also doesn't have the price tag. It's an outstanding gun for what you're doing. I primarily shoot doves, grouse, and a few pen raised quail with it.

casjoker

casjoker

Supporter
Franchi Instinct, older Ruger Red Labels were shooters. Not sure about the new ones. Don't totally dismiss some of the Turkish guns. A few are decent but you will need to do your homework.