Outer Banks restaurants

P

poorhunter

Taking the family there this spring, and wanted to know if any of you that have been there have suggestions on where to eat. Remember, this is a family of eight, so we won’t be going to a “nice” restaurant ;) . One thing we want to make sure we get is some of the local catch.

P

poorhunter

We are staying in Kill Devil Hills, but we may take day trips to both Corolla and Nags aHead.

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
I enjoy the Southern part, Avon, Rodanthe and Hatteras. There's a cheeseburger place in Avan that I liked, Can't remember the name but they had a "Smilie Burger" that had fried chedder cheese on it. Good stuff.

B

BMan

Bob's Eat And Get The Hell Out is pretty good and reasonable prices. Kill Devil Grill is also good.

P

Piddler

R.I.P.
I don't remember which island or the name of the restaurant. But, there is a restaurant about middle way along the chain, that offers soft shell crabs everyday. They are delicious. I ask him how he could offer everyday. He said they had several big traps out in the bay and they checked them everyday. He said you have to get them the day they shed because by the next day the shell starts getting hard again.

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

You gotta try Duck donuts for breakfast one day. They
Make me when you order em. It's a super fast process and they are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
You have to go to the Whalebone Seafood Market. Buy fresh local catch and go back and prepare an awesome meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk