• Help Support TNDeer:

Outdoor Edge knife

Mag

Does anyone have feedback on this knife?

DoubleRidge

I was given one as a gift few years back....so far I really like it....super sharp and great for skinning & caping.....it's in my pack now with extra blades....right beside my old trusty Schrade LB7....still carry the LB7 more for tradition...got it when I was 10....now I'm 50......but the outdoor edge knife I've been impressed with and from my experience it will serve the deer hunter well.

Update: appology MAG....reading back through post I realized my outdoor edge does not have the gut blade....mine is the single blade type and has served me well.

Last edited:
Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

dmonty

I have a couple, great knives for gutting and trimming out deer. not great for cutting around/thru bone or joints.

dirtyhands

My buddy has one and loves it. I have a normal folding outdoor edge knife and its what I've been using the passed couple years. It really seems to hold a sharpe edge well

RUGER

Supporter
I just got the regular folding one
I love it

BlackEagle1

I use the single blade almost exclusively. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything, esp out west. Make sure your health insurance is paid up. Stitches aren’t uncommon if you get in a hurry

TNGunsmoke

Used mine for the first time last night. Love it. Only thing I use a different knife for is cutting out the butthole area. And that is just a personal preference, I use a fillet knife for that to get deeper into the cavity and makes the removal of that easier.

TAFKAP

I'm not sure about that brand, but I've been running a Havalon for a few years now. It's a great knife that gets used on small game, deer, ducks, and fish.

JCDEERMAN

I have been debating on getting this exact knife for a couple months. My dad has the Havalon and has never used it. I plan on using that on the next deer and see how I like it. If I want something different, this OE knife will probably be the one I go with.

Walker817

Bought one at the beginning of season. I wished I would have bought one way before that. It makes quick work of anything. I even went back and purchased the filet replacement blades. It will seriously filet with no issues. The gut blade has to be one of the sharpest I've ever used.

Crow Terminator

I have a number of their products but that particular one is my least liked. The replacement blades are sharp and easy to change on the fly but flimsy their fixed blade knife keeps a great edge. I carry their SwingBlade knife most of the time.

arctic_cat

I have the single blade Razor my F.I.L gave me for Christmas one year. Best knife ever IMO. Make sure you take the blade out and clean it good after each gut job. I forgot one time and had a he!! of a time getting the blade out after

jlanecr500

Supporter
I usually field quarter and pack out. The changeable blades are sharp but do not hold their edge.

I also have their swing blaze knife which I've used a lot. I carry a ceramic v sharpener and give it a few licks occasionally.

I have to say that I would rather have an Old Timer Sharpfinger . Any day.