• Help Support TNDeer:

Outdoor Channel tonight

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

BMan

Haven't seen the movie but read the book years ago. Great story, although it's hard to get through that early-20th century English style of writing.

Safari Hunt

Great movie but it's not historically accurate; never was a Charles Remington. Read Peter Hathaway Capstick's "Death in the Silent Places" to get the whole story. Also read the original book by Patterson which includes his other African adventures. I was in Chicago several times and regret not going to the Field Museum to see the lions.

DoubleRidge

Great movie but it's not historically accurate; never was a Charles Remington. Read Peter Hathaway Capstick's "Death in the Silent Places" to get the whole story. Also read the original book by Patterson which includes his other African adventures. I was in Chicago several times and regret not going to the Field Museum to see the lions.

I've heard about the museum but have never been there....would like to see it.

Another book I wanna read is Death in the long grass by Capstick.

Planking

Ive seen them in the museum in Chicago. They didn't have manes because of the terrible drought. There's a grizzly bear in there also that's gigantic.

7mm08

I ordered Patterson’s book last night on Amazon

270MONTS

I remember seeing that movie when I was a kid. I still watch it any time I see it on. I may have to read the books now.

jemo4570

A good "Hollywood" movie.
About the only similarities is there were 2 lions and J.H. Patterson.
There are many good reads about the true events at Tsavo. My favorite being written by Capstick. All of his "Death" books should be read by any sportsman.

Jcalder

Supporter
I’ve seen the lions stuffed in the museum in Chicago. Kinda neat to have since I’ve seen the movie, but it’s been years.

DoubleRidge

Capstick has several great books,I have all of them,my favorite is "the last ivory hunter".It will keep you thinking for a while.

I hope to aquire the same collection of Capstick books that you have.....some great reading.....also wanting to complete a collection of Elmer Keith's writings.....just amazing to read about what these men saw and experienced.