Out of state landowner rules

RockMcL

What are the criterion for Landowner exception? I read some things a few months ago and now can't seem to find it. From what I gather, you have to apply for the exemption. Is there a minimum acreage? Seems like I read 70 acres somewhere.
Fat fingered that like (accident). Pretty sure the acreage is for ag or forest status/zoning similar to green belt acreage.

I have always paid for sportsman until now old fart lifetime because I could. One of my sons does the landowner son exemption and only buys fishing license (I think) Pretty sure you have to input the plat info amongst other info as part of getting it.

Swampster

I agree on the license, the fees support conservation and other needed management activities.
Never had a license and likely never will. You ever think about the expenses that landowners incur for land and water conservation, habitat management, ... Besides that, philosophically, it seems kind of overbearing to think of the government requiring you to have a license to hunt on your own property, your own home.

RockMcL

Never had a license and likely never will. You ever think about the expenses that landowners incur for land and water conservation, habitat management, ... Besides that, philosophically, it seems kind of overbearing to think of the government requiring you to have a license to hunt on your own property, your own home.
Even though I have paid for years I do agree with your thoughts. I also obey the rules but do not concede that state or federal government is capable of creating the best rules for my land or even the majority of landowners.

Wish more people thought deeper about God given freedom vs government given "rights".

Latest posts