Out of state hunts

Soft Talker

Way down yonder first and then here. With the extra 2 weeks at the end, will be no need to travel anywhere else. Will be able to hunt here, for as long as they are huntin up North. Going to be a good long Turkey Season. Looking forward to it ;)

Bgoodman30

AL right now. Might try KS/NE. Founds some spots in NE just need to find something in KS as well to make trip worth while.

James72

anyone going to Kansas?
I hunt whitetail in Kansas every year for 10 straight years now. First few years on private ground but it got leased so now I go with an outfitter. I look forward to it every year. I want to do a Rio hunt in Kansas as well just haven't had time to make it happen yet.

Atchman2

anyone going to Kansas?
I am! They dropped the limit to one single bird! I hunt in the northwest corner, so I'm probably going to slip into Nebraska (only 8 miles from where my family lives, one of them lives in Nebraska).. Just got to buy another license and tag. I think I have found a place I can hunt for $300, but it isn't guided, just a map and directions. Still with the license that is a $600 trip IF I drive back and forth. With a hotel or something that could be a LOT more.

Atchman2

Been looking at their website trying to see what public land is available in northeast corner.
Look for the "walk in" hunting areas. Some of them are "turkey only". At least the ones in Western Kansas are. The ones I've hunted are generally little pockets near Cottonwood trees. You just have to drive around and scout them. Every turkey I've killed in Kansas has been near a Cottonwood Tree.

Kelljp

I'm originally from NE, and see a surprising number of you headed there. FYI - Nebraska has a CRP program, and any land that is in CRP is open to the public for hunting. Here's a link to find CRP land throughout the state:

CRP Map
Thanks,
I've hunted Chadron area several times, but last year was a bust. 3 days to find birds. Numbers are way down compared to 8 years ago. But it's a pleasure to hunt something different after a few weeks hunting here at home in East TN Have plans on going back this year.

hbg1

I am! They dropped the limit to one single bird! I hunt in the northwest corner, so I'm probably going to slip into Nebraska (only 8 miles from where my family lives, one of them lives in Nebraska).. Just got to buy another license and tag. I think I have found a place I can hunt for $300, but it isn't guided, just a map and directions. Still with the license that is a $600 trip IF I drive back and forth. With a hotel or something that could be a LOT more.
One bird!!! Not worth the trip for sure

Atchman2

I'm originally from NE, and see a surprising number of you headed there. FYI - Nebraska has a CRP program, and any land that is in CRP is open to the public for hunting. Here's a link to find CRP land throughout the state:

CRP Map
My wife is from near McCook. Her family actually lives just across the state line in Kansas. In fact she owns land there that she inherited. What part of the state are you from?

Latest posts