Out in full force

J-WO

The birds were rocking in Cheatham country this morning. Had four gobbling hard off the roost and passed at least 4 different flocks in the fields, with plenty of strutters,this is just one. Can't wait until Saturday.

turkeys_Strutting.jpg

J-WO

Boll Weevil said:
Were the hens cuttin'up like crazy too?
I only heard one,and it was pretty much just a fly-down cackle. The toms I heard come off of roost sounded like they were looking for hens and didn't have any with them,which makes me think in that area the breeding hasn't really started yet.

Boll Weevil

J-WO said:
The toms I heard come off of roost sounded like they were looking for hens and didn't have any with them,which makes me think in that area the breeding hasn't really started yet.

Thanks for the report, man. Super photo and now I officially can't concentrate and have bird on the brain.

Southern Sportsman

Very little gobbling in shelby co. this morning. Only heard one bird and he didnt gobble until after flydown. I even had a real coyote howling several times with no birds answering.

JAY B

The birds were on fire in Meigs this morning, especially the hens! Prob the most vocal I have ever heard a group of hens!

catman529

Walked up on 10 birds, 6 or 7 of which were longbeards, one of em breeding a hen. Going out in the AM to listen for roosted birds on public land.

Latest posts