Our new lease

pledbetter

Back in january my brother asked me about going in with him on a 400 acre lease here in bedford county. It was only gonna cost me $600 so I jumped all over it.
Well last week one afternoon I was talking to my daddy about the place and my mom overheard me tell him where it was. Come to find out , her grandfather actually lived on the place for many years as a sharecropper after he returned home from world war one.
The old house that my grandmother was born in is actually still there. It was a pretty neat feeling as I walked the place this morning knowing that my great grandfather worked the same fields that I now have the priviledge to hunt.
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p52 ... 72149d.jpg old house still standing that my great grandparents lived in

Paul Burns

Good deal for you. Not many get this oppertunity to walk the same paths as their ancestors in such a way.
By all means get into the family history while so much info is still alive for you. When you get to be the senior generation not many old people left to ask questions.

Latest posts