OSU v Clemson

Crow Terminator

Some social media people were saying Fields was being over dramatic on that hit and just playing like he was hurt. I think he did get popped good. He never ran or rushed with the ball after that hit like he had been. But anyway. I'm not an Ohio State fan and not a Clemson fan either but I do have to say I was glad to see Clemson get beat like that even if it was Ohio doing it. And if that Ohio team shows up and plays like that in the Natty...Bama MAY be in trouble.
I actually think playing less is not beneficial to a team or person. Sure, you may be rested but you also don't have the benefit of getting into a good groove/rhythm when you don't get to play.

BamaProud

OH State is a good team, but they did not earn their way into the playoff. Big10 manufactured a path for their preferred team to get into the playoff.

Did anyone else notice Indiana removed the Big10 logo from their Jerseys for the Outback Bowl.

Mescalero

Big ten set a minimum number of games for qualification for league championship game. OSU didn't have enough games, but Big ten said that they could play in the championship game anyhow at the last minute. Other teams within the league qualified, but it was advantageous for Big ten and OSU to play in the game, so they changed the rule at the last minute
What was the advantage for the league and OSU?

Mescalero

OH State is a good team, but they did not earn their way into the playoff. Big10 manufactured a path for their preferred team to get into the playoff.

Did anyone else notice Indiana removed the Big10 logo from their Jerseys for the Outback Bowl.

Please explain how the Big Ten manufactured a path for OSU.

BamaProud

Big ten set a minimum number of games for qualification for league championship game. OSU didn't have enough games, but Big ten said that they could play in the championship game anyhow at the last minute. Other teams within the league qualified, but it was advantageous for Big ten and OSU to play in the game, so they changed the rule at the last minute

They also lowered the number of days a player was required to sit out after a positive COVID test so that key OH State players could play.

iowavf

Did anyone else notice Ohio beat them earlier in the season?

iowavf

They changed multiple rules to put OH State in the playoff.
Again what rules? I don't like OSU either but wine all you want, they owned Clemson who I thought was the team to beat after they owned ND. The Big Ten had 9 games scheduled within the conference including the conference title game. What do you do when you have to cancel games according to the conference rules, you're the best in your division and beat the next best team who got to play one more game? I'd say get over it they were clearly the better team last night on the field and it wasn't even close on both sides of the ball!

Mescalero

One shows up every.single.year.

just don't pout if they loose and loose your cool. Stick around a while
It's all gravy after beating Clemson. I like our chances against Bama, but will need to have almost perfect execution over four quarters to beat Bama. And I won't be surprised if Fields can't play. If he plays, Ohio State will score a lot of points against the Bama D (77th in passing D, Clemson was 25th), but Ohio State is 104th against the pass. Ouch. Take the over.

wayne

It's all gravy after beating Clemson. I like our chances against Bama, but will need to have almost perfect execution over four quarters to beat Bama. And I won't be surprised if Fields can't play. If he plays, Ohio State will score a lot of points against the Bama D (77th in passing D, Clemson was 25th), but Ohio State is 104th against the pass. Ouch. Take the over.
I hope you play a good game

PillsburyDoughboy

Yea that is some funny stuff. Its true.
That's hysterical. That Guys laugh makes it priceless.

Bottom line is Clemson was exposed early on in the season when Lawrence was out due to Covid-19. Without Lawrence they were probably just another top 20 team if that.

IMHO Clemson just did not do as good of a job furing the off season preparing the team with Covid Restrictions as ALABAMA and OSU. They did not make the adjustments as well and it shows. Ditto on many of the other teams that we are use to seeing in the top 25.

With that said hopefully the coaches all learned something this year about working around the Covid Restrictions and are better prepared to take their teams into the 2021 season and we will see some better football being played. I feel all the teams were "off" on their game this year. Yes ALL of them.

I also hope the NCAA takes a hard look at their Covid Restrictions and makes some changes. These Athletes are young and in prime condition and are able to fight off Covid in a matter of days. At the end of the games you see the hugging opposing team members and coaching staff of other teams and getting very close to fans and interacting. If these kids were going to get deadly sick from it they would have by now.

Latest posts