OSU v Clemson

cbhunter

Using crown of helmet to contact an opponent.

Attachments

• B57DEFA9-8281-483F-BB99-4CE223A82534.png
    B57DEFA9-8281-483F-BB99-4CE223A82534.png
    89 KB · Views: 54

iowavf

I thought it showed a little class when the guy asked Fields about being ranked #11? He said he wouldn't comment where I'm betting other QB's who just had a game like that would've acted like fools.

iowavf

I don't deny OSU's talent, but them being there after playing so few games, and then being given special treatment by their conference, was a farce. They didn't have to worry about as many injuries or grind as the other teams, so they are going into this fresher and with a major advantage
No matter how much you practice, you get better with the more games you play. Wasn't like they had a choice?

Mescalero

I don't deny OSU's talent, but them being there after playing so few games, and then being given special treatment by their conference, was a farce. They didn't have to worry about as many injuries or grind as the other teams, so they are going into this fresher and with a major advantage
Like Iowavf said. Only playing six games is a disadvantage for OSU. Plus, didn't Dabo also say Clemson had it easier to game plan by only having to watch six games of film? Conf championship is not a requirement to be in the CFP otherwise how was ND in after getting blown out by Clemson? Big Ten imposed a lot of stupid rules including the six game rule. Should they have allowed Indiana to play for the Conf championship simply because they played six games but lost to OSU? OSU still would have played six games and would have made the CFP if they beat Iowa instead of NW. All Big Ten teams were scheduled to play 12/19. East 2, 3, 4 etc v West 2, 3, 4 etc. and Indiana had to cancel in any event due to Covid.

OSU was missing 16 players last night, including the starting LG, starting S, and two DEs all due to Covid. I've heard a lot about missing players on SEC teams this past week. OSU is still subject to Big Ten daily testing and 17 day sit out rule. My biggest worry is Clemson. No way only their OC is Covid positive. A Bama player that tests positive last night is playing on 1/11. An OSU player who tested positive on or after 12/26 is out. What's fair about that? Iowa, Nebraska, and Ohio State fought for a season, but got one with a lot of stupid rules.

Next season when the ACC and SEC are back to their 8 game conference schedules with their extra FCS bye week game, are fans of teams in other conferences allowed to claim that ACC and SEC teams are fresher? This is the first season of the Saban era when Bama has played more than three P5 teams in a row without a bye, a G5 game, or an FCS game.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Big ten is at fault for flip flopping and then starting late. The conference championship is not a requirement, but was an extra "data point" that helped them to get in. I don't know or care what Dabo said, I'm not a Clemson fan. OSU was definitely pandered to, both by their conference and the committee, and there is no denying it.

No, I don't think that ND should have gotten in after getting blown out. That was more pandering by the committee.

The committee needs to go away, and the playoffs need to be expanded. And a conference championship should not be an automatic entry.

Mescalero

Big ten is at fault for flip flopping and then starting late. The conference championship is not a requirement, but was an extra "data point" that helped them to get in. I don't know or care what Dabo said, I'm not a Clemson fan. OSU was definitely pandered to, both by their conference and the committee, and there is no denying it.

No, I don't think that ND should have gotten in after getting blown out. That was more pandering by the committee.

The committee needs to go away, and the playoffs need to be expanded. And a conference championship should not be an automatic entry.
I guess I don't understand how Ohio State got pandered to by their conference when the conference cancelled the season and then restarted more than a month late and with no bye weeks to make up games that were cancelled. Ohio State would have played a sixth game on 12/19 whether it was the Big Ten CG or vs Iowa. Ohio State had to cancel the Illinois game due to its own Covid outbreak. Maryland and Michigan cancelled their games vs OSU due to their Covid outbreaks. Winning a CCG has no bearing on the CFP (see OSU 2016, Alabama 2017, ND 2018, ND 2020). Is changing the mandatory sit out rule from 21 to 17 days pandering to Ohio State when Bama, Clemson, and ND are/were subject to 10 day sit periods?

Otherwise, I agree that the committee needs to go and have said we should go back to the BCS formula. Even though I think in most years there are only three teams who can actually compete for the title, for the good of the game it needs to expand. Georgia should be one of those three teams every year with all that talent right there in your back yard. Your problem is your coach thinks having a half dozen 4/5 star RBs on the roster is the same as having more than a half dozen 4/5 star QBs and WRs. Saban, Day, and Swinney know it's not. A four team CFP hasn't caused those coaches to realize that fact, but getting to the CFP has helped those teams/staffs get QBs, WRs, and other talent.

iowavf

I guess maybe they could've played five ea

Give them a half season to rest up and then play. Hmmmm k
Give them a half season to rest up and then play. Hmmmm k
Or let them schedule five easy scrimmage type games during the season and then everyone will except you're a top team, hmmm k.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
The Big ten changed rules to allow Ohio St to play on the championship game. I don't care if it was a silly rule in your book or not, it was a rule. When a rule is changed for the benefit of a single team, especially since it helped that conference, that is pandering.

You're preaching to the choir about UGA, and thankfully the offensive philosophy is changing. But that is irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

We agree about the BCS formula being used to determine the rankings instead of the committee.

iowavf

The Big ten changed rules to allow Ohio St to play on the championship game. I don't care if it was a silly rule in your book or not, it was a rule. When a rule is changed for the benefit of a single team, especially since it helped that conference, that is pandering.

You're preaching to the choir about UGA, and thankfully the offensive philosophy is changing. But that is irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

We agree about the BCS formula being used to determine the rankings instead of the committee.
The Big Ten schedules 8 games for a shortened season due to covid. Three teams canceled games due to covid so should've those been for fits? What rule was changed to benefit Ohio and I'm not Ohio fan?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Big ten set a minimum number of games for qualification for league championship game. OSU didn't have enough games, but Big ten said that they could play in the championship game anyhow at the last minute. Other teams within the league qualified, but it was advantageous for Big ten and OSU to play in the game, so they changed the rule at the last minute

Latest posts