Oreo cookies

woodyard

woodyard

Went Tuesday to do my annual Walmart shopping trip and wandering around the grocery end to get some things my wife wanted.

Right there in front of me was apple pie Oreos. Some others that had red filling and mystery bag Oreos. I had to have the apple pie deals.

Those are pretty datgummed good and I would say addictive. And I always loved those old regular black and white ones. Things are definitely improving in the cookie department .

Maybe she will let me go back next year!

JimFromTN

JimFromTN

They had me at chocolate covered oreos. I have been known to eat the entire package at one sitting. Needless to say, I am now diabetic.

B

blondebear

i try to stay away from the cookie aisle. too often theres too many homemade available. that said those mochas holler at me. buy me,buy me, buy me... some years ago they had a coffee flavor that had a stronger coffee flavor than the mochas and they were the bomb. must have never caught on , they didn't last long in stores . been literally looking for them since.

bassybuck47

bassybuck47

Words of advice.... If you are single, and your Dental hygienist is really attractive, eat an entire pack of Oreos right before your cleaning. You will get extra cleaning time up close... You are welcome....

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Oreos are meant to be original.
The only alternatives are double stuff and chocolate covered.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

JimFromTN":1h5yym59 said:
They had me at chocolate covered oreos. I have been known to eat the entire package at one sitting. Needless to say, I am now diabetic.

Introduced my daughter to those this year, we devoured the box the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimber45

Kimber45

woodyard":19c8buyl said:
Went Tuesday to do my annual Walmart shopping trip and wandering around the grocery end to get some things my wife wanted.

Right there in front of me was apple pie Oreos. Some others that had red filling and mystery bag Oreos. I had to have the apple pie deals.

Those are pretty datgummed good and I would say addictive. And I always loved those old regular black and white ones. Things are definitely improving in the cookie department .

Maybe she will let me go back next year!

I have forced myself not to buy them lol.. I’ve no doubt I could eat a pkg quick!

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Those peanut butter and chocolate Oreos made my hunting suit not fit.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
I am a HUGE fan of Oreos, one of the best mass-manufactured cookies by far. They have made some questionable entries into the flavored cookie market, but now I will have to try out the Apple Pie ones.

We got a pack of the Mystery Flavor ones about 2 months ago. The remnant of that pack are still in the cupboard. I'll throw them out later tonight. Never did hear what they were supposed to be. Raspberry lemon? Not for us.

Kirk

Kirk

When I was working for another company, I worked with Nabisco's Research and Development team developing an Oreo and Teddy Graham sugar cone. (For ice cream) The big daddy behind the Oreo Brand R&D was this little guy from Texas that would remind you of Yosemite Sam's personality. He was a Food Tech/R&D genius but couldn't find his butt with both hands without a calculator. I am going to be honest, R&D plant trials are stressful, expensive and take way too long. Texas Pete would get his panties in a twist if something went wrong and he would yell and scream at everyone and stomp off.

So next time you are eating an Oreo, just imagine Yosemite Sam in a test kitchen, cussing and slinging dough.

woodyard

woodyard

Dang, my wife tells me now there were two displays and all of these "other ones" were over there. I may have to check that out. :party:
It is Christmas, a guy should be able to pig out a little!