• Help Support TNDeer:

Oracle - Nashville - 8,500 new jobs

Snowwolfe

Fantastic for the economy, not so much for the traffic it will create. Get ready for a continuing boom in home and land prices around Nashville.

redblood

Gonna rob davidson county of teachers. Average davidson county teacher makes 62k for 9.5 months and has a master degree. Average oracle employee is 110k.

redblood

What we need more traffic and people that don't know how to drive.
Alot of those employees will be working from home. Maybe that will help a little. It will be good for the economy, but the housing market is already swamped. Not sure where they are gonna put em. The vast majority of the hires will be local according to the news.

backyardtndeer

Sounds like good for the economy, but may cause some issues. There are plenty enough people moving here from our of state already. See loads of out of state tags at the schools here. Last few times I have been to Nashville have managed to get lucky and miss heavy traffic in town.

Wiley

Will the school systems be able to handle the influx of students from families moving in? Down here in North Alabama (where things are busting at the seams) that's a huge concern, along with traffic and housing.

redblood

Will the school systems be able to handle the influx of students from families moving in? Down here in North Alabama (where things are busting at the seams) that's a huge concern, along with traffic and housing.
One of my former coworkers has been talking about this very topic. You take new families moving in, a huge teacher shortage already and add to that a company who can outpay the public school system by 40 to 50 k per yr and its gonna be very hard moving forward.

Gravey

I don’t pity anyone who drives in and out of Nashville every day. I got off a plane today at 4:00 and by the time my buddy got his bag and I dropped him at his car it was 4:30. It took a good hour to get home down I-24 east. Without traffic it’s about 40-45 minutes.

Hunter 257W

I don't understand why people almost unanimously celebrate when these huge companies move into an area. Guess what they value is totally different than myself. I cringe when I hear about any sort of industry coming close to the Winchester area. I don't even want a 100 employee plant moving there. I don't want to live in Nashville or Los Angeles or Boston. You can't have a small town if you have a lot of employment. Jobs bring people and people are what ruin any place once their numbers grow too large. Also ignoring the impact new jobs have in growing a population, if everybody simply moves to a quaint little rural area to get away from the city, that quaint little rural area grows and becomes another congested crap hole to be avoided.

brassmagnet

How many more people will move here, where there is no place to put them. How much further out, on 2 lane roads, will every scrap of land have two story houses and 3or 4 more cars in traffic, glad I'm retired, can't stand to drive among idiots on their phones.

Pilchard

I don't understand why people almost unanimously celebrate when these huge companies move into an area. Guess what they value is totally different than myself. I cringe when I hear about any sort of industry coming close to the Winchester area. I don't even want a 100 employee plant moving there. I don't want to live in Nashville or Los Angeles or Boston. You can't have a small town if you have a lot of employment. Jobs bring people and people are what ruin any place once their numbers grow too large. Also ignoring the impact new jobs have in growing a population, if everybody simply moves to a quaint little rural area to get away from the city, that quaint little rural area grows and becomes another congested crap hole to be avoided.
Opportunity and competition for talent are bad things?

There are 8500 well paying reasons to celebrate.

Commerce on Oracle’s scale doesn’t happen in the Winchester area so I think you’re safe.