Opinions on Carry in hang on stand and sticks.

Daniel90

Looking into getting a decent hang on and climbing sticks without breaking the bank would like to stay under 20 pounds as I hunt a lot of hilly terrain and will be on the move often. Would like to stay under 200 dollars if that's even possible? What's y'all opinion on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega

Daniel90":3b4dzd1y said:
Looking into getting a decent hang on and climbing sticks without breaking the bank would like to stay under 20 pounds as I hunt a lot of hilly terrain and will be on the move often. Would like to stay under 200 dollars if that's even possible? What's y'all opinion on this?

Before I broke my ankle I used a lock-on and some screw-in steps. It was great when hunting areas with no straight trees, or a new area where you had not prepared the tree to use a climber. I went to a climber, an API Grand Slam, which was two to three time as heavy, but is was much easier, and safer, for me with my injuries. Now I don't use either as I hunt an 8 acre patch with a permanent blind.

Daniel90

Omega":2z6nzgv2 said:
Daniel90":2z6nzgv2 said:

Before I broke my ankle I used a lock-on and some screw-in steps. It was great when hunting areas with no straight trees, or a new area where you had not prepared the tree to use a climber. I went to a climber, an API Grand Slam, which was two to three time as heavy, but is was much easier, and safer, for me with my injuries. Now I don't use either as I hunt an 8 acre patch with a permanent blind.
screw in steps not an option. I have a summit razor but it's bulky carrying a mile uphill.

Mike Belt

Just a suggestion here... If you've made up your mind about using a hang on I'd go with the sectional climbing sticks. Mine come in 3 different lengths (2, 3, and 4 foot sections). There are many trees where you absolutely can't use a climber and only a hang on will work. Even then there may be obstacles blocking climbing sticks. With the sectional pieces you can still go around them getting up the tree.

Omega

Daniel90":3caifl8n said:
Omega":3caifl8n said:
Daniel90":3caifl8n said:

screw in steps not an option. I have a summit razor but it's bulky carrying a mile uphill.

Yea, back then that was pretty much it. Now they have the climbing sticks or steps that use straps like the ones below. Does the area not allow screws? They don't stay in the tree.
IMG_1059-1.jpg

MUP

I'm in hilly terrain as well Daniel, and I use loc-ons exclusively, except when hunting with my daughter. This is on my own property tho, and I just use the stick ladder and mostly the loc-ons from sportsmansguide that were on sale for $50-$60 bucks. I've upgraded to a couple of Bone Collector loc-ons since, with the hammock style seats, and they're a much appreciated upgrade! :)

Daniel90

Omega":c630a5c8 said:
Daniel90":c630a5c8 said:
Omega":c630a5c8 said:
Daniel90 said:

Yea, back then that was pretty much it. Now they have the climbing sticks or steps that use straps like the ones below. Does the area not allow screws? They don't stay in the tree.
IMG_1059-1.jpg
public land can not use steps from what I understand. I could be wrong but I don't think you can

Latest posts