Opinion please - BurrisRT-6 1-6x24mm with FastFire III

Kevo222

Was referred to the cameralandny storefront by folks on here and found this combo set for my AR. Currently have a red dot but wanting to replace with magnification.

Wondering if anyone is familiar with the BurrisRT-6 1-6x24mm with FastFire III .. The website has a much better price than anyone else but it is still more than I was expecting to spend. The combination of the 2 plus the mount almost has me sold.

Appreciate any input.

backyardtndeer

I have an rt6 and have a Burris ff3 mounted on it on an ar that I built. I bought them separately and set up the scope, and later mounted the ff3 sight. I have not yet checked the ff3 at the range. The scope so far has been exactly what I would expect of burris. Burris is good quality for their price imo.

skipperbrown

Just curious if your scope starts at 1x, do you need a red dot too? I have a FFIII on a 1911 bullseye pistol and it's been flawless even with the hammering. I got the 3 MOA dot and wish I'd gone with their smaller dot as the dot almost completely covers the 50 yd bullseye.

I've bought several things from CL. Good folks. If you have any questions, talk to Doug.

lafn96

Just curious if your scope starts at 1x, do you need a red dot too? I have a FFIII on a 1911 bullseye pistol and it's been flawless even with the hammering. I got the 3 MOA dot and wish I'd gone with their smaller dot as the dot almost completely covers the 50 yd bullseye.

I've bought several things from CL. Good folks. If you have any questions, talk to Doug.
"Need" - no. A scope at 1x will get the job done but it's not the greatest. A red dot like that would be much faster.