Opening weekend - What time do u get in the blind?

timberjack86

Im taking a handicap kid opening morning (requested to take him from a landowner) so Ill be giving up my hunt this year to help him out. Will see how mobile he can be and adjust to that. I may HAVE to end up in a blind which will suck but hopefully it wont be for long lol.
Not a thing wrong with that! Good luck to y'all!

Andy S.

Im taking a handicap kid opening morning (requested to take him from a landowner) so Ill be giving up my hunt this year to help him out. Will see how mobile he can be and adjust to that. I may HAVE to end up in a blind which will suck but hopefully it wont be for long lol.
Best of luck to you and the handicap kid, I am pulling for you two the most opening morning. Kudos to you for such a good deed, I hope y'all have a blast and make great memories.

Last edited:

Andy S.

Here in SW TN, they have been gobbling on the limb "in the woods" around 6:15 - 6:20 and on the ground "in the woods" around 6:35 - 6:40. I'd expect a little earlier along field edges and openings. We are on CDT.

Displaced_Vol

Well since I'm an OOSER and have to drive so far I've done set up my blind on my favorite piece of public not too far from the parking lot. That way I've got that spot reserved and I won't have to get there until daylight.

eddie c

If I'm lucky enough to get in the woods before sunrise I try to get in 30-45 minutes before. My last 3 birds were shot well into the day. Knowing travel routes and strutting areas helps.