Opening Weekend 2 Longbeards Self-filmed Video

catman529

Re-posted from Long beards & Spurs forum

Here is the video of my full opening weekend on public land. Two different WMAs, 2 days of hunting, 2 dead public land longbeards.

Video is 15 minutes long , hope you all enjoy it. It covers the best of the whole hunting experience and not just the kill shots.

Self filmed with a camo'd out tripod and my Lumix FX75 point and shoot in HD video (click the gear icon in the video player and switch to 720p if your internet connection is good).
[color:#330000]
[size]CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO[/size][/color]

I couldn't be more fortunate, and never would have guessed my weekend would go so well. My goal was always an opening day gobbler, but I really would not have hoped or guessed for 2 birds in the first 2 days. Thank the Lord for a good start to the season.

P1000739_zps72c37d21.jpg

4E5521D0-D9BC-4CEC-94A1-6CA502D9D3FA-27570-000031087DAE4278_zps29056977.jpg

Nimrod777

Supporter
Aw dang, now I gots to go dig out all my turkey hunting stuff! You done got my worked up for the woods!! Congrats, good editing!

A

Anonymous

Great video. Put a video of you making your home made calls those sounded pretty good

catman529

Meathunter said:
Great video. Put a video of you making your home made calls those sounded pretty good
search YouTube for how to make a turkey call in 10 minutes, I already have a video up

Buckykm1 said:
Oh, i forgot to mention. Cat you have to calm down some on your kills. You get all tore up. LOL
you ain't the first to say that lol

Recoil

Wow! Excellent job. I would never have guessed you are as young a man as you are. Impressed with you're morning to night hunt on Sunday....it paid off. Not sure what to think of that bottle caller you put together. I can't even master a mouth call--I need a couple of slates and a box when I go! And being able to video all this...very cool.

catman529

Nimrod's? Lol I am his hunting guide! :D naw but nim is great to hunt with. Funniest commentary too

Buckykm1 I'm spider boy because I posted one too many spider pics for ruger. :D oh, and happy bday by the way.

catman529

Thanks yall for the kind words. Gave it my best and it turned out better than expected, but there is always room for improvement... I will see what I can come up with the rest of the season

catman529

RutMan said:
You guide and call, I'll drive there !! Don't believe me, ask DA, LOL. It seems the older I get and with the health issues that have come, the more I have started to want to learn and do all that I never did or had a chance to growing up.

I may be 53 (almost 54), but anybody that cares to can teach this old dog a new trick any time.

I for one am very proud of your resilience, effort and drive catman........great job and congrats !! :)
thanks I appreciate that. One tip I could offer is to cover ground if you have to. Don't be afraid to move in close to a gobbling bird if you can. Once he has responded to your calls then don't keep calling. That's what I have learned from the past 2 hunts