opening morning 8 pt

Bone Collector

I haven't talked much about it on here, but my wife an dI bought 32 acres out towards Readyville. it is more of an investment property, but we may end up building on it eventually. In the mean time i will hunt it :grin: we just got it on sept 10th, so needless to say not much time to scout, set stands, etc. and I don't have any cameras yet.

Well there is a power line that runs through towards the back, with lots of sign, so i figured, powerlines are usually pretty, reliable, so i set up a ladder stand back there. I have only hunted it 2 times in bow season and saw deer, jus tno shots.

Well this mornign i got in the stand at 6:35. I was running a little behind. I get in there, get the ML up, put a primer in and wait. at 6:50 i looked at the clock and thought i can see to shoot now. about 3 minutes later i catch movement in front of me and notice a deer walking to in the break and he is almost to the other wood line. I bring the ML up and see he is an 8 pt, but not huge, but i wanted to cristan the new land, so I let it roar. when it cleared all i saw was legs flailing and then nothing. I reloaded and checked he was dead. I sat till 8 and then got him out of there. didn't see anything else and he was all alone. He is broke off on both sides, so i assume somethign whooped him, maybe i will see who in the near future.

Guess i should mention brand new ML other than sighting it in that was the first use in a hunting situation, so i wanted to cristan that too. :grin:
photobucket-2940-1351974565599.jpg

Latest posts