One year later!

gasman

April 12 2012 my life changed drastically. After 19 yrs of marriage, my divorce became final... At that time I thought it was the end of the world. I was mad at God and asked "why me Lord?" The question should've been "why not me?" Well today, I am the happiest guy on the face of the earth..... I have 3 great kids are turning into very respectable young men and lady! They share the same passion for the outdoors as me and they have taught me alot in this last year. I have met the most wonderful person who I am proud to call my girlfriend. (I've even tossed the idea of marriage around, but don't tell her that)..... Oh on top of all that I turn 40 tomorrow and gonna spend the day crappie fishing with my dad!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Cool beans. Glad to see you have not taken the approach I did with my anger at God over my divorce and spend 15 years mad at him about it.

gasman

TNGunsmoke said:
Cool beans. Glad to see you have not taken the approach I did with my anger at God over my divorce and spend 15 years mad at him about it.
there's an old saying "if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it" HE has been with me every step of the way!

rem270

Wow brother. I feel what ya went through. Mine told me back in Oct through a text that she wanted a divorce. Ours was final Feb 4th and im like you, Thought it was the end of the world, wondered how id pay the bills by myself since she was just walking away from everything and leaving me with the house. But through the last 6 months i was able to find peace with myself and find out who i really am. Now im way better off and i dont regret getting married because i learned a whole lot through it. Im 26, and im sure it will happen again one day and like i told my ex wife, all she did was set me up to be a way better man to the next woman who came into my life.

We werent in church and i believe alot of that has to do with us getting a divorce. Im a firm believer if a husband and wife are in church and in it for the right reason to serve God and let him be the center of a marriage that it will be a lot better marriage. We were both to dumb to see it. We had the nice house, nice vehicles, pool, 4 wheeler and money in the bank. But we didnt have a walk with God like we should have. But now i do and im not looking back at my old ways. Im moving forward with my new life and its great.

Sorry to hi jack your post man. I started thinking and typing and couldnt stop. I could go on and on about how my life is so much better but ive said enough already :D

Congrats to you man and glad to see you got through it and stayed positive. Good Luck with your new lady.

gasman

rem270 said:
Wow brother. I feel what ya went through. Mine told me back in Oct through a text that she wanted a divorce. Ours was final Feb 4th and im like you, Thought it was the end of the world, wondered how id pay the bills by myself since she was just walking away from everything and leaving me with the house. But through the last 6 months i was able to find peace with myself and find out who i really am. Now im way better off and i dont regret getting married because i learned a whole lot through it. Im 26, and im sure it will happen again one day and like i told my ex wife, all she did was set me up to be a way better man to the next woman who came into my life.

We werent in church and i believe alot of that has to do with us getting a divorce. Im a firm believer if a husband and wife are in church and in it for the right reason to serve God and let him be the center of a marriage that it will be a lot better marriage. We were both to dumb to see it. We had the nice house, nice vehicles, pool, 4 wheeler and money in the bank. But we didnt have a walk with God like we should have. But now i do and im not looking back at my old ways. Im moving forward with my new life and its great.

Sorry to hi jack your post man. I started thinking and typing and couldnt stop. I could go on and on about how my life is so much better but ive said enough already :D

Congrats to you man and glad to see you got through it and stayed positive. Good Luck with your new lady.
man I don't mind at all for my post to be hijacked with stories like that. Good luck with you walk with God! It's not gonna be easy, but it will be worth it! A text huh? Sounds like your ex and my ex got something in common. :D we were always in church and I thought for the most part a good marriage, but I am a better man because of this too. Good luck and God Bless

fourwheeler431

Hope things continue to get better for both of you. I am about to take the same walk as the both of you are doing and I pray that mine will have the same results.

backroads

I'm living proof it can be better. Many years ago I was an aircrew member with the 7th SOS deployed to Turkey after the 1st Gulf War flying food/med, etc supply missions to the Curds who had escaped to Northern Turkey. One day I called home (to Germany) to see how things were going and the ex told me she was leaving the next day and for me to come get the girls. Thank God I had a great Squadron Commander who allowed me to find my way home to get my girls. Long story short, my daughters got a far better mother and in two weeks it will be our 20th Wedding Anniversary with the greatest woman in the world. She has this daily reminder for me; "You're one lucky man", and I always just reply "yep".

Your absolutely right Gasman and Rem270, keep your faith and it will work out far better than it ever was. May not happen overnight, but it will.

gasman

stevepitts said:
I'm living proof it can be better. Many years ago I was an aircrew member with the 7th SOS deployed to Turkey after the 1st Gulf War flying food/med, etc supply missions to the Curds who had escaped to Northern Turkey. One day I called home (to Germany) to see how things were going and the ex told me she was leaving the next day and for me to come get the girls. Thank God I had a great Squadron Commander who allowed me to find my way home to get my girls. Long story short, my daughters got a far better mother and in two weeks it will be our 20th Wedding Anniversary with the greatest woman in the world. She has this daily reminder for me; "You're one lucky man", and I always just reply "yep".

Your absolutely right Gasman and Rem270, keep your faith and it will work out far better than it ever was. May not happen overnight, but it will.
first off Thank You Sir for your service for this great country! You are correct it don't happen overnight, but with each passing day my life gets better and better! I owe that to My God, my family and my friends.... Now we are gonna have to agree to disagree cause I think I've found the greatest woman in the world. :) thanks for sharing your story!

Latest posts