One more pic of Nevada

REN

Finally got home today and pulled it off my other camera. Again just an amazing trip and totally shocked on how those turkeys even live out there lol. One other thing I noticed is due to the total lack of pressure you can get away with A LOT more then you can vs easterns. I mean on my buddies turkey, had we been in a TN ridge top there is ZERO chance that bird would have hung around.

I also found it odd how their gobble was so different sounding, I mean its still a gobble obviously but it almost sounds FAKE like from a sound board or something.
Affinity Turkeysmall.jpg

B551ACBC-F60D-45BC-805C-4A7B3B6D0F3A_1_201_a.jpg

AT Hiker

I remember hearing my first Merriam gobble too. Very unique. Rios seem "normal" but then again the only place I've hunted Rios was Western KS.
Merriams also seem to gobble well past sunset, makes roosting them easy. Doesnt do any good because they fly down and travel 15 miles, lol.
Excellent pictures!

REN

I remember hearing my first Merriam gobble too. Very unique. Rios seem "normal" but then again the only place I've hunted Rios was Western KS.
Merriams also seem to gobble well past sunset, makes roosting them easy. Doesnt do any good because they fly down and travel 15 miles, lol.
Excellent pictures!

Yeah it was wild and they gobbled WAY more during all hours of the day

They do cover a lot of ground REALLY fast though

Bgoodman30

Yeah the gobble has an extra syllable... I love it.. I still have a plane ticket out west but plans are falling apart.:(

REN

Absolutely stunning. I'd love to kill one with white tips!

Same here. I actually saw 2 with pure white tips in the area but being where I was I decided to just take the first one I had the shot for vs hoping the other ones would give me an opportunity. Now the next time I go for a Merriam ill be far more selective.

Latest posts