One more job comparison

TraumaSlave

48 miles/ 1hr to office. Then I drive about 170 miles each day to patient's houses, 3 days a week. Drive home varies in last patient seen. Has been 90 miles.

cecil30-30

Supporter
55 miles one way for me. As another member said. Its a sacrifice I make to live away from the crazy folk.

GnashviLLe

I live in Dickson, and for 11 years i drove to Nashville everyday for work. An hour drive there in the mornings ( depending on interstate traffic ) and an hour back home in the afternoon ( also depending on traffic )

I now work in Dickson on historic Main Street, my office is 1.1 Miles away from home. Takes about 3-4 minutes.
Same line of work, better pay, and closer to home. Gotta love it. Life is good
( and i live outside of county lines in the country being 1.1 miles away from downtown Dickson, on 16 acres )

Last edited:

gasman

Supporter
65 miles to my Southaven Ms office. 1-1.5 depending on traffic. 53 miles to my Dyersburg office less than a hour. Some days I drive up to 5-6 hours a day if I'm out visiting customers. Company vehicle so all gas is paid for.

Bone Collector

Supporter
I'm around 23 miles door to door. With Highway 96 all torn up, it is taking about 45-50 to get there and 45-50 to get home. I hope when they get the road widened, that it will take about 30-35 one way.

JeepKuntry

27 miles one way when I don't have my kids. When I have them, it's 55 miles one way. I'm in the market to lease a car. Thought I had a Corolla lined up and it sold before I could call back with the go ahead.

Trophy of the moment

• Trophy by Adam Atkins
    Me and my mom were hunting and I shot a doe. Then about an hour later...
    • Adam Atkins
    • Updated:

Latest posts