One MASSIVE buck............if you are interested........

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
True story. No need to make this buck any bigger than he is.

A week ago Thursday, about 9 days ago, I was driving to Montana. Left my Crossville farm at 4:15 a.m. wanting to beat Nashville early morning traffic. So to get to the meat of this deer, right now, if you live close to the Nashville Airport, go to GOOGLE Maps, (terrain setting so you can see in color) and type in Nashville International Airport. Okay, got it up? Good, look for McCrory Creek

I am tooling along in the very early morning light approaching the Donaldson Pike exit, going WEST BOUND on Interstate 40.

Sun isn't up, just getting light and ahead of me about 500 or 600 yards from the freeway exit I see some "reddish" looking animals that look like deer.

It was deer. Three deer. Two bucks that were nothing to sneeze at and one buck, feeding out in the bottom of the ditch that was simply a stunning, beautiful, magnificent mature whitetail that was at least a 12 point, probably more. What a darn stud of a buck! I have been blessed to see some massive whitetails in my short 67 year life and this buck was one I would simply SHOOT on sight. I sure hope one of you reading this is close enough, has contacts for the area can obtain legal permission to hunt there, can get some camera's in there, can get a son or daughter or grand son or grand daughter or somebody you know to have the opportunity and privilege to maybe get their hands on this great deer. I sure hope he doesn't get hammered on the freeway when rutting.

If you see him dead on the freeway let me know. If you get him killed let me know, better yet, send me a picture of him. Man, what a great deer.

Isn't this what TNDEER is all about? To help others out? I thought so. Best of luck hunting that bomber. He is a stud of a buck!! Imagine sitting in a tree having 737's over head every 10 minutes! Good luck to the lucky guy (or gal) who lays eyes on him or gets a pic of him on camera.

BubbaGoneWild

A week ago Thursday, about 9 days ago, I was driving to Montana. Left my Crossville farm at 4:15 a.m. wanting to beat Nashville early morning traffic. So to get to the meat of this deer, right now, if you live close to the Nashville Airport, go to GOOGLE Maps, (terrain setting so you can see in color) and type in Nashville International Airport. Okay, got it up? Good, look for McCrory Creek

I am tooling along in the very early morning light approaching the Donaldson Pike exit, going WEST BOUND on Interstate 40.

Sun isn't up, just getting light and ahead of me about 500 or 600 yards from the freeway exit I see some "reddish" looking animals that look like deer.

It was deer. Three deer. Two bucks that were nothing to sneeze at and one buck, feeding out in the bottom of the ditch that was simply a stunning, beautiful, magnificent mature whitetail that was at least a 12 point, probably more. What a darn stud of a buck! I have been blessed to see some massive whitetails in my short 67 year life and this buck was one I would simply SHOOT on sight. I sure hope one of you reading this is close enough, has contacts for the area can obtain legal permission to hunt there, can get some camera's in there, can get a son or daughter or grand son or grand daughter or somebody you know to have the opportunity and privilege to maybe get their hands on this great deer. I sure hope he doesn't get hammered on the freeway when rutting.

If you see him dead on the freeway let me know. If you get him killed let me know, better yet, send me a picture of him. Man, what a great deer.

Isn't this what TNDEER is all about? To help others out? I thought so. Best of luck hunting that bomber. He is a stud of a buck!! Imagine sitting in a tree having 737's over head every 10 minutes! Good luck to the lucky guy (or gal) who lays eyes on him or gets a pic of him on camera.
So I'm lookin here and the way I'm taking directions, the deer is actually on the other side of the interstate than the airport?

mike243

Pretty sure I been by your place headed to Catoosa from the Wartburg side, great area imo, this country has a lot of great places to see and hunt, glad you share the trips with us, thanks . mike243

Knothead

OnX searching now…… lol

anybody know Scott Thomas ? Looks like he owns a lot of property in that area.

Last edited:

T. J. Mercer

My ancestry had farms on Reynolds Rd, Pulley Rd, Faircloth, and Couchville Pk just east of the "newer" runways on the east side of Donelson Pk.
If you so much as park a vehicle on the side of the road back there, airport police will roll up hot, believing you're the next 9/11 terrorist.
So let me encourage y'all to make sure you park on private property and know your boundaries, lest they take you in.

Yes, the airport deer are legendary.
Other companies, like NES, also have huge swaths of land over there.
For years I've tried to figure out how to find a spot back there.
It's a big buck refuge.
Good luck but be warned.

Dean Parisian

I saw the AIRPORT BUCK on the NORTH side of I-40. Just a stud deer, full velvet, lots of height and points. There isn't a person reading this that wouldn't be in touch with a taxidermist after killing that buck. Good luck to any and all who lay eyes on him. By looking at the Google Map of the area it looks like a good area to shed hunt next spring. The two bucks that were with the AIRPORT BUCK weren't guppies either.

Dean Parisian

Pretty sure I been by your place headed to Catoosa from the Wartburg side, great area imo, this country has a lot of great places to see and hunt, glad you share the trips with us, thanks . mike243
Mike, I am approximately 1.8 miles off of Peavine Road, which is 2 miles from Exit 322 on I-40. Off of Firetower Road going to CATOOSA.

Willysman

Hunt Catoosa every year. Camp at Peavine. Of course use the Firetower Road to get there. Beautiful area through there. I Live close to Athens, TN.

Monk74

I like that feeling when I see a giant. Doesn't happen often. Did you pull over to look through binoculars? 500-600 yards away he must've been a dang good one. Maybe we'll see a picture of him if someone gets lucky this fall. Thanks for sharing.

Dean Parisian

I like that feeling when I see a giant. Doesn't happen often. Did you pull over to look through binoculars? 500-600 yards away he must've been a dang good one. Maybe we'll see a picture of him if someone gets lucky this fall. Thanks for sharing.
The Donaldson Pike EXIT was ahead of me by say 500 to 600 yards. When I saw there were deer ahead I came off the gas and slowed. The AIRPORT BUCK was in the ditch with two of his buddies very near the freeway.

Latest posts