One MASSIVE buck............if you are interested........

Tennessee280

Park at one of those businesses off of elm hill pike or royal pakrway and prob have a shot at him, theres an old cemetery back in the woods there you could use for an ambush spot!!

catman529

It's Nashville, probably multiple people trying to hunt the deer, probably trying to poach it as well. I haven't seen it, but no doubt the airport property has some good ones. The hermitage has deer over 150" every year but is also strictly off limits. Any good chunk of land around the Cumberland river where hunting is never allowed has giants. Davidson and Williamson counties are known for bigger than average deer, but it takes a LOT of work (or money) to get permission to hunt even a small property around here.

DeerCamp

My ancestry had farms on Reynolds Rd, Pulley Rd, Faircloth, and Couchville Pk just east of the "newer" runways on the east side of Donelson Pk.
If you so much as park a vehicle on the side of the road back there, airport police will roll up hot, believing you're the next 9/11 terrorist.
So let me encourage y'all to make sure you park on private property and know your boundaries, lest they take you in.

Yes, the airport deer are legendary.
Other companies, like NES, also have huge swaths of land over there.
For years I've tried to figure out how to find a spot back there.
It's a big buck refuge.
Good luck but be warned.
It makes you wonder what hunting would be like if we all had the fortitude to pass on 2.5 and 3.5 yo bucks.

(Myself included).

catman529

For everyone of us reading this thinking of legally killing these deer, there some good ol' boy sittin' back in his recliner scratching his belly button with one hand and cold beer in the other thinking "chit……..I bet I could kill dat sumbich and not get caught"……………………
It would likely take a local person with some smarts to get away with it. When you're used to living outside of town where you can get away with a lot more, it might seem like it would be easy. Yes anyone could get lucky and get away with it, but there's too many watching eyes in the city and TWRA doesn't play around, nor does the airport security. Couple years back some dude from Alabama thought he could get away with shooting a 190" buck in a parking lot at night here in Franklin...you guessed it, he got busted pretty dang quick.

midtndeerhunter

It is funny you mention this. Tried my best last year to find a spot talked to quite a few people to no avail. Friend lives over near mccrory creek and had this slob come through behind his house. Never could find a place that would let me try.

Attachments

• 6A7A663D-798A-42CC-BF30-759B1AB3C926.jpeg
    6A7A663D-798A-42CC-BF30-759B1AB3C926.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 426
  • D897535E-30C7-464E-A03C-D1C93ACCC8A5.jpeg
    D897535E-30C7-464E-A03C-D1C93ACCC8A5.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 426

Headhunter

Grew up in Donelson and they get hit right there on 40 all the time. Used to be a bunch of turkeys right there too. It's in the city limits so you'd have to bow hunt him if it's private property and not owned by the airport.
Not true, if there was enough area to hunt and be safe I would hunt with whatever I wanted to so long it was legal. Bow, muzzleloader or gun.

bigbyrd

The land before the Donelson exit on the left side going west is Private. I've asked the owner for many many years for permission....his grandson hunts there. The hermitage is sectioned off in zones and is by invitation only and bow only. I know two guys who hunt there.

Bigbuck89

True story. No need to make this buck any bigger than he is.

A week ago Thursday, about 9 days ago, I was driving to Montana. Left my Crossville farm at 4:15 a.m. wanting to beat Nashville early morning traffic. So to get to the meat of this deer, right now, if you live close to the Nashville Airport, go to GOOGLE Maps, (terrain setting so you can see in color) and type in Nashville International Airport. Okay, got it up? Good, look for McCrory Creek

I am tooling along in the very early morning light approaching the Donaldson Pike exit, going WEST BOUND on Interstate 40.

Sun isn't up, just getting light and ahead of me about 500 or 600 yards from the freeway exit I see some "reddish" looking animals that look like deer.

It was deer. Three deer. Two bucks that were nothing to sneeze at and one buck, feeding out in the bottom of the ditch that was simply a stunning, beautiful, magnificent mature whitetail that was at least a 12 point, probably more. What a darn stud of a buck! I have been blessed to see some massive whitetails in my short 67 year life and this buck was one I would simply SHOOT on sight. I sure hope one of you reading this is close enough, has contacts for the area can obtain legal permission to hunt there, can get some camera's in there, can get a son or daughter or grand son or grand daughter or somebody you know to have the opportunity and privilege to maybe get their hands on this great deer. I sure hope he doesn't get hammered on the freeway when rutting.

If you see him dead on the freeway let me know. If you get him killed let me know, better yet, send me a picture of him. Man, what a great deer.

Isn't this what TNDEER is all about? To help others out? I thought so. Best of luck hunting that bomber. He is a stud of a buck!! Imagine sitting in a tree having 737's over head every 10 minutes! Good luck to the lucky guy (or gal) who lays eyes on him or gets a pic of him on camera.
Btw that deer is dead I have permission to hunt all of it and I have pic to prove it

Bigbuck89

Lol yall are talking about a deer I haven't already taken have pic to prove it I have permission to hunt all of that land and run cell watch Camara year around he is my biggest to date went 152 ⁶/⁸

Bigbuck89

Great buck, congrats and welcome to the campfire!
Thank you, ya I had a good buddy tell me about this and I got on right away I've had so many people poach on my property or think it is a camping spot to hunt and it's not so the last 5 years I have been hunt this I have had 4 cars towed 4 people arrested and to many dang piles of trash to haul off cause they think it is a dump

Latest posts