Ole dog down.....

redblood

I'm a little late getting my predator pictures up, but it is shaping up to be a very good year. Due to schedule, I knew this would be a one set day. Hit a farm here I had been hearing a lot of dogs of late. I have a batch of calls in and I was wanting to test as many as possible this yr. My problem in the past is that I always had a tendency to use the same 2 or 3 calls throughout the season, which ineveitably can educate the local population. Decided I would take the yellerdog ydd3 call. here is the link below

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/yellerd ... ard-black/

It seems to be a versatile that is suitable for both distress and short range howling. well made with a flexible reed, which I like (I hate to bleed more that coyotes, which is distinct possibility with some of the stiff reed calls). I pushed my back into a split hickory overooking an overgrown creek bottom field, bordered by several large woodlots. Conditions were less than ideal and the inconsistent wind that swirled in the bottom concerned me. Opened with a couple locator howls, but was skeptical that my volume and timing were adequate to initiate a response. I was right. after 3 or 4 minutes, I went to a soft distress. 10 minutes in,still not the first bade of coyote hair. at the 12 minute mark, I see a group of starlings take to flight and the saw the tale-tale trot of a coyote crossing from the largest block. He was fairly noncommittal and slowly meandered inside 150 yards. While he was plenty close enough to meet his demise, the wind was cooperating so I let him come. At 80 yards, I got a lil crazy on the call and he finished the distance fast. on 5x he filled my scope at 25 yards when I touched off the shot. He melted into the sage without making a blade of grass sway. Ole ugly male. very thin with a bit of mange over his hocks. 29 pounds.