Old school CVA barrel repair

themanpcl

I have an old CVA and the nipple screw into the drum is stripped making it unusable. Anyone know of somewhere in Middle TN that can repair the drum? Is it worth it or just toss it? Gun has no sentimental value. CVA wants about the same $ as I paid for the gun. Thx!

sun

If you can remove the old drum, Dixie Gun Works sells a replacement CVA drum and nipple for $8.75.
Dixie is located in Union, TN and they ship.
Here's the part:

if you don't fix the gun then you could sell the stock for parts.

Wobblyshot1

The DGW drum and nipple would not be the route I'd take. After removing your old drum and screwing in the new it would be a crap shoot as to where the nipple would be in relation to the hammer when tightened down. Pics of your situation could help.

sun

The DGW drum and nipple would not be the route I'd take. After removing your old drum and screwing in the new it would be a crap shoot as to where the nipple would be in relation to the hammer when tightened down. Pics of your situation could help.
There's an adjustment procedure to get the nipple to line up with the hammer.
The stem can be shimmed with a washer, or the inside flat part of the drum can be filed.
It's not difficult as long as the old drum can be removed without busting off the stem.

On the other hand, the over-sized nipple may not be as secure as the nipple would be on the new drum.
And a new nipple is even included with the drum at a fairly low price.

Latest posts