Old pin on license

big ridge hunter

I found an old pin-on license in my parents cabinets. I am not sure whose it was. Has anyone seen one of these before? Is there a way to find out who it was issued too?

Safari Hunt

Is there a name on the license? Ohio required the license to be visible, pinned to the back.
I have the pin-on with several of my father's old Ohio licenses. Still have his hunting coat.
Photo?

big ridge hunter

20211127_193141.jpg

Union Co. Boy

We found one in my wife’s grandparents house two summers ago. I really couldn’t find a lot of info about it. Also found an old hunting regulations book. It was way more comprehensive than anything we have today. Lol.

Rancocas

Pin on hunting licenses were normal in almost every state beginning back around the 1920's or '30's. I had to wear one when I started hunting in the late 1950's. I think it was about in the 1980's when they began being phased out, and you only had to carry your license in your wallet.
I still have some of my old licenses dating back into the 1960's. They make nice keepsakes. I have thought of making a collage out of them, frame it, and hang it on a wall.

Trophy of the moment

Latest posts