Old home site

DoubleRidge

After turkey hunting this morning my buddy had his metal detector in his truck so we went over an old Homesite that's on our property...house has long been gone.... nothing left but an old cistern and buttercups.....we hit a few interesting items...top to a cigarette lighter, buckle, hook, couple old nails, one square nail...but the neatest item to me was a toy gun barrel that has cowboy ranch brands on the barrel....sure wish it was complete but neat find anyway....first time I've ever "officially" metal detected...I understand why people enjoy it now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_084459616~2.jpg
    IMG_20210405_084459616~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20210405_084505793~2.jpg
    IMG_20210405_084505793~2.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 201

Carlos

Cool findings.
Btw, I always make sure and carry my gun while checking areas after a hunt. You never know when a bird might surprise you.

DoubleRidge

Cool findings.
Btw, I always make sure and carry my gun while checking areas after a hunt. You never know when a bird might surprise you.

Totally agree....we have gotten on birds many times up in the morning while hunting mushrooms.... thankfully this morning we had doubled on two toms and the old house was close to where we park so thought we'd give it a try.

DoubleRidge

Great looking finds.
If we could go back in time when these items were new, interesting to see who was using them.
Any idea on approx. year ?

No idea at this point but thought about searching courthouse records to try and learn more.....I've seen old airial pictures back to 1954 and see no evidence of the house during that time period....these items have me wanting to know more....in addition to the items pictured we found broken glass and pieces of broken crock.

Creek

No idea at this point but thought about searching courthouse records to try and learn more.....I've seen old airial pictures back to 1954 and see no evidence of the house during that time period....these items have me wanting to know more....in addition to the items pictured we found broken glass and pieces of broken crock.
Sounds like you have a plan.
Good luck and hope you let us know if you find out.

Latest posts