Old hickory unit 2.

Randver

Hello. Me and a few friends put in and got a blind in unit 2. It has been 20 years since I last got to duck hunt. Would love any tips or tricks for the area or ways to best brush in the old blind that is there.

WilcoKen

Hello. Me and a few friends put in and got a blind in unit 2. It has been 20 years since I last got to duck hunt. Would love any tips or tricks for the area or ways to best brush in the old blind that is there.
Im familiar with hunting unit 2. Brush your blind with a lot of oak. You might add in a little cedar. Geese in decent numbers at times. Be careful if you have to cross big water to get to your blind—it can get rough with high winds. Congratulations on getting drawn. First year in many I've not been drawn or know anyone that was drawn. PM me any time. I will help however I can.

Last edited:

WilcoKen

Lol would be nice if we could lock up the blind and leave some cheap camp kitchen stuff in it lol
We bolted a lock box in our blind last year and lagged the stove/oven in. Everything managed to stay through the season. Duke is right—Old Hickory is very slow and most times the highlight of the day is the food you cook in the blind.

Latest posts