Old Hickory,shad kill?

Football Hunter

0318131651_zps0068b58b.jpg
Seen this all over the place,1000's maybe millions everywhere.Wonder whats going on?

pressfit

I happens every year.. cold water gets them.. ive seen them so thick you could walk from the boat to the bank..LOL

BDS05

It was TERRIBLE two weeks ago. Not near as bad now. I'm with death punch on the turn over.

Winchester

Normal, and actually a good thing after the absence of winter we had last yr when there was no kill to speak of.

Hangnail

Old Hickory doesn't "turn over" like some lakes. It's a riverrun lake with plenty of current. From the picture, it looks like a threadfin kill. Threadfins are about as fragile as anything that swims. The water temperature is what got them.

bowriter

R.I.P.
The worst thing is, it is going to make the gators hard to catch. They will fill up on shad and won't hit the chicken on the hooks.

Living2Hunt

Yes its a shad kill! Old hickory doesnt turn ove nc its a power genrated lake with lots of flow. But the warm days we had pulled the shad shallow and the major cold fron killed em. There very fragile and die easy. This happens every year! Actually is a good thing imo! Creates a easy meal for the fish that was been waiting all winter! Increases healthiness!

Latest posts