• Help Support TNDeer:

Old Fishing Story. Updated!

dgolden

So my 7 year old nephew asked if I would take him to the local fishing rodeo this weekend. It reminded me of a pretty good story from my youth.

I was 12 years old and the same said fishing rodeo was on Saturday. I decided to go “scout” on Friday to see what part of the lake they were biting best at. I ended up catching the prize fish. It was a catfish with a neon green zip tie around it. The prize was a brand new 12 foot Jon boat. I begged and pleaded with my dad to let me put him on a stringer for the next day!! Ultimately he said no. Although I saw him second guess it for a split second.
Nobody caught that fish the next day. Till this day I have yet to forgive my dad! Lol

Update…. Little man wore them out this morning. Out of 315 kids he had the biggest fish (7.2 lbs), most fish (11), and the heaviest stringer (24lbs)! He had a blast!

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
Last edited:

Wiley

Didn't a pro fisherman get caught, or at least accused, of doing something like that?
2 locals down here in Guntersville were catching big bass and putting them in a big basket that they submerged inside a boathouse. 2 or 3 days later in a local tournament they'd retrieve the fish for weigh in. This went on for at least a few months. They were caught on video and all Hell broke loose. Lifetime ban from fishing tournaments of any kind, wife divorced one of them, one almost lost his boat sales/repair business, etc.

Latest posts