• Help Support TNDeer:

Oh boy, gonna be noisy this spring

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

BMan

You haven't lived until you're driving down the road on a bike doing 60.

In a work zone where the pavement is chewed up and you need to keep both hands on the handlebars.

And a cicada hits you in the forehead.

And the dead cicada slides down behind your glasses in front of your eye - and stops.

Last edited:

cbhunter

Supporter
I believe the big batch is expected mostly in east tn

I can not imagine "up to 1.5 million per acre". That would drive a normal person insane

WTM

Will be some tough fishing
lol maybe.

Kirk

Supporter
I think it was late 1990's we had a super hatch around here. The 13 and 17 both were crawling out at the same time. The creek bottom across from my property sounded like a continuous drone for days. It was really odd sounding.

Safari Hunt

Watched one fall into the upper Hiwassee River. Waited for a trout to take it. Saw it drift out of sight and never saw a rise!
Story- Family moved out in the country in SE TN. Friends visited from a major city up North. They sat on the patio and the city folks asked, "How can you stand all that noise?"

BMan

I remember during one of the major swarms years back, I was driving down Briley Parkway and thought I had a belt slipping and squealing. Nope - just the cicadas.

Trapper John

Last time we had a big emergence I filled freezer bags full of the things and froze them. Used them as bait for weeks and caught tons of bluegill and catfish on them. And I'll gladly do it again.

Latest posts