Oak ridge

Antler Daddy

i decided to put in for all three buck gun quotas. i don't expect to draw but figured most older age class bucks available in the state. that does not happen often.

Joe2Kool

Supposedly the GW (can't remember his name) says it is 100% due to increased deer/car collisions. However, you have to consider the stupid factor. I mean, having hunters in the woods that want to be as socially distant from anyone else as possible might be considered a super-spreader event!!

Someone said it above. Hopeful, but doubtful.

arctic_cat

I work there and can't remember the last time I saw a deer. Used to see them all the time. That may be a reason to cancel.
I'm with you on seeing deer. Couldn't tell you when the last time I seen one. I do not think they take that into any consideration when canceling the hunts but they may. We are covered up in turkey though. See them all the time.

kkh325

I'm with you on seeing deer. Couldn't tell you when the last time I seen one. I do not think they take that into any consideration when canceling the hunts but they may. We are covered up in turkey though. See them all the time.
I see them each week but they are in my back yard and the neighbors yards here in the City of Oak Ridge. They are everywhere here in the neighborhoods around houses. Been having numerous Does and young deer coming in and drinking water from the bird bath and eating bird seed. Totally agree not seeing them like you would years ago in WMA area. Years ago you would see them alot along the roadways out near Y-12 ORNL and K-25 areas. Not so much lately, but inside the residential areas of Oak Ridge they are everywhere.

killingtime 41

I've hunted there several times. I'm hoping to hunt there this year. There use to be a decent amount of deer. But like everywhere else you have to be willing to walk farther. And away from the crowd. Just drive around and stop where you don't see any cars or trucks parked. Like any WMA I hunt if I see a vehicle I go on to a place I don't see any. No need to intrude with enough land not to have to. Hope it's open this year and I get picked. Good luck to y'all

Latest posts