Oak Ridge... east side rut

SilverFox

SilverFox

The movement had really slowed down over the last couple weeks. In the last 2 days I've seen a new buck and several of the older bucks again. Saw some chasing yesterday for the first time in a month. I'm guessing 2nd rut?

B

BigRod

This makes me happy to hear, as I hunt in claxton, and between oak ridge and clinton. I have yet to see any major activity this year.

Sako

Sako

I live across the lake from the Oak Ridge WMA... There are several hundred acres around me that no one lives on... I kill deer at my house every year..... and I always kill and see more bucks in the middle of December than any other time... FWIW.... this should be a good weekend at Oak Ridge

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

I didn't see a lot of activity in Anderson/Morgan/Union last month. Some I attribute that to reduction in herd. But I've seen bucks cruising mid day quite a bit the past few times out.

SilverFox

SilverFox

Had 4 Bucks on cam yesterday / last night when I pulled the card this morning. They have definitely started moving more in the last couple days. Seeing more from the roadway also.