NYT Op Ed : "Shoot One Please"

lpo1981

Yeh I agree, both myself and my brother were introduced into hunting which started with squirrel then onto deer.. I believe for ing a child to hunt or do something as such will only drive them away from it.. We don't need that as hunters or parents to force it on future generations.. My little girl will be 4 in July and she is around it and included an involved in it every chance I get. If there comes a time and she doesn't want to do it then she will not be forced to.

catman529

Seems to me the dad was pressuring him too much to kill a deer.... Shouldn't they just get in the woods and enjoy the time whether or not a deer is killed? And the kid should have practiced shooting more, unless it was just nerves that got to him...

Winchester

Every kid is different and have different maturity and skill levels at different ages. I couldnt imagine just deciding one day to take my kid deer hunting, with no previous time spent shooting or hunting small game, or any interest from the kid for that matter.

mathews338

the kid looked like he would rather be doing anything but hunting. I would never let my kid try to take an off handed shot like that either.

jeff034fun

hunting is not for everyone and i thank god for that i love to hunt and i take kids hunting all the time but ill never make one shoot

Latest posts