NWR Quota Hunts

SKFOOTER

I received my "Sorry you were not drawn for the 2014 Refuge Quota Turkey Hunts" postcard in the mail today. Any other unlucky souls out there??

Andy S.

Same here. This is either my 2nd or 3rd year in a row of putting in without getting drawn. In the meantime, I know of other guys who have been drawn both of the last two years. I will be anxious to see the list of successful applicants this year to see if some of these guys got it again. If so, I will inquire to see what their secret is. My expectation was to get drawn 1 out of every 3 years, but I am starting to think this is unrealistic. Best of luck to those who were fortunate enough to get a tag.

SKFOOTER

This is also my 2nd or 3rd year in a row of not getting drawn and I too know of several guys that have been drawn for the last 2 years. I also wish those that were successful in the draw good luck but I'd like to see the turkey hunt draws for the refuges go to the prefeference point system like the deer hunts on Tennessee National and Cross Creeks. That would make it a much fairer draw.

Latest posts