NWR Hunts

Andy S.

Yes, all big game hunting is closed in the MS River flood waters zone when Caruthersville gage reaches 34'. It is 41' now, and I expect it'll be above 34' at Caruthersville gage for the next month, possibly longer.

SKFOOTER

Andy S.":3ijdiwkz said:
Yes, all big game hunting is closed in the MS River flood waters zone when Caruthersville gage reaches 34'. It is 41' now, and I expect it'll be above 34' at Caruthersville gage for the next month, possibly longer.
Where can I see a map of that flood water zone?

Andy S.

Not very detailed, but here it is.

MiP1XXR.jpg

Andy S.

Here is the post when they closed deer hunting in January of this year. Bottom line is 34' on Caruthersville Gage shuts it down, and 32' on Memphis Gage opens it back up. I expect both of those stages to be exceeded for AT LEAST the next month, possibly longer. We just tied 3rd highest water level ever at Cairo, Illinois (which affects every gage south of there on the Lower MS River) and we are just now getting into the rainy, wet, snow melt season. I do not see the MS River falling much over the next 45 days. I hope I am wrong, but the odds are I will not be.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/news/2019/1/5/b ... an--6.html

spoon

Andy S.":1dqlc5rg said:
I received my LH denial yesterday, no word on Chickasaw yet. That makes 10 years in a row applying for LH, and never being drawn. It reminds me of the Powerball lottery.

Looks like my buddy and I got LH April 18-21. This was the first time putting for any NWR

Andy S.

You have to love the Federal Government. Hunters are receiving notices YESTERDAY notifying them they were selected, with postal money order due NLT than this Friday, March 15.

TheLBLman

Andy S.":tzr79x99 said:
That makes 10 years in a row applying for LH, and never being drawn. It reminds me of the Powerball lottery.
That's how it often works for so many when there's no "priority" points accumulating for NOT being drawn.
Meanwhile, I'll bet you there are several who have been drawn at least 3 or 4 times during the same 10-yr-period.
Friend of mine was drawn 3 consecutive years.
Go figure.

Latest posts