Now it's ceiling fans!!

Wildcat

DaveTN

According to the current federal Unified Agenda, a government-wide, semiannual list that highlights regulations agencies plan to propose or finalize within the next 12 months, the Biden administration is additionally moving forward with rules impacting dozens more appliances, including consumer furnaces, pool pumps, battery chargers, ceiling fans and dehumidifiers.

I guess he thinks if he can deny rights specifically stated in the United States Constitution, he can certainly tell you what you can/can't have in your home. He's a criminal.

Omega

I don't actually see the proposed changes. Did I miss something?
They are mandating efficiency standards, to make them use less energy, sounds good but, the tech and or added costs will make it so many households will not be able to enjoy the luxury of having ceiling fans, stoves, refrigerators etc.

"2023 began with federal regulators targeting gas stoves, but we have since seen a host of other proposals going after washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, ceiling fans, water heaters, and others. They are all part of the Biden administration's prioritization of the climate change agenda over the interests of consumers. Each runs the risk of boosting appliance prices, limiting choice, and compromising performance," said Ben Lieberman, Senior Fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute. "And cumulatively, they add up to substantial headaches for homeowners that will only grow in the years ahead."

"The Biden appliance agenda isn't just an assault on homeowners, it's also an assault on our freedoms," he added.

According to a July press release, another DOE proposed rule would "require the most common-sized electric water heaters to achieve efficiency gains with heat pump technology and gas-fired instantaneous water heaters to achieve efficiency gains through condensing technology."

Gronkmonster

They are mandating efficiency standards, to make them use less energy, sounds good but, the tech and or added costs will make it so many households will not be able to enjoy the luxury of having ceiling fans, stoves, refrigerators etc.
I should have been more clear. The article states in the first paragraph that they are coming for your ceiling fans, but I don't see anything in particular about ceiling fans in the article that substantiates that claim other than efficiency standards in general. Poorly written imo

I guess he thinks if he can deny rights specifically stated in the United States Constitution, he can certainly tell you what you can/can't have in your home. He's a criminal.
Battery Chargers!!!!!!!!!
So they want everyone to get electric cars, but regulate battery chargers! Disable the country! We need to get these crazy sumbitches out of office!

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I'm glad they're focused on the tough issues that are running our country down the sh!tter!!! Those dang ceiling fans! 😬
The one in my bedroom is very dangerous. I have stuck my fingers in it several times while stretching in the morning. Luckily no permanent damage. It didn't even come with a warning label that it could be dangerous for those over 6' tall!

Latest posts