Not the week I had planned.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Well I had to work on the 22nd then I was done till the 2nd.
Did Christmas with the family on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Kinda sad seeing man go back Monday morning but hey at least he was here and we did get to hunt once.
Plan was hunt the big water with tophat Tuesday then, depending on what we did would dictate where we went the rest of the week.
Kind of a scout trip before I called woodyard and stretch for the rest of the weeks hunts.
Tophat called back and he had to work the next 2 days.
No problem, called another buddy and we made plans for Wednesday at another spot.
Took down all the Christmas decorations and completely cleared my "need to do" for the week.
Later that evening I got everything ready for the next days hunt, all the while ignoring that dry tickle in my throat and that annoying dry cough.
Literally minutes after getting everything ready to roll I call my buddy and tell him I am backing out on him. I was feeling worse by the minute.
Get up early the next day and call in a favor and get in to see the doctor first, before anyone.
Flu.
I feel human again this morning, my hair quit hurting yesterday.
Fever broke about 4 30 yesterday morning.
I have been sicker but I can't remember anything ever hitting me that hard and that fast.
I REALLY hope its gone.
Happy new year to everyone!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

fairchaser

fairchaser

The flu is going around big time. My son and daughter in law both got it so we kept my grandson for a week to keep him germ free. Guess what? He got it anyway. I guess we are next. Glad you are better Ruger.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Glad you're feeling better. Knock on wood I haven't had the flu in about 10 or 11 years but remember it very well when I had it. It was horrible.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Glad your getting over it Ruger, now go hit the water for the next few days! :party:

Kimber45

Kimber45

Glad you pulled thru old man :)
My youngest has been fighting it, called in sick at work the 1st Time, Doc gave him a shot and drugs...back to work. His fever never got very high though. I’ve been fighting the sore throat thing 2 days, but attributing mine to running heat so much that it’s keeping the house too dry, while I eat vitamin C 4x a day lol. So far, tolerable but remembering how bad it sux to go out in the cold with a really sore throat. Wearing out the Halls throat lozenges lol.
Hope you get to hunt a few days

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

You need to take a flu shot next year....when we get older we need all the help we can get.
Maybe even consider a pneumonia shot to.
People all around me get the flu ..does not bother me.

Ladys man

Ladys man

Never once had a flu shot never once had the flu knock on wood, glad your getting better

D

Duck dogn

Glad your coming around the flu is bad but my wife got to feeling bad Tues thinking it my be the flu 10 pm last night a ruptured appendix was being removed!