Not Tennessee but Kentucky Trout

Big Ben

For the first time ever they stocked some rainbows in the spillway of the lake real close to me today. They must be very smart trout...4 guys fishing throwing spinners, red and waxworms under floats and nobody caught a single trout out of the 250 put in. I figure give them a day or so to get hungry and the lay of the pool (about 1/8 acre and they may turn around. I sure wanted to be the first person to catch one there being it would be a first from that location....but struck out,. :confused:

in the dog house

Try a small piece of white grub on a small hook. Just break a very small piece off any soft plastic bait. We would use this trick at any where they had just stocked, be it the lake or the boat show. You might be surprised. I have been run out of many boat shows using this trick :) Works well in rivers and lakes, any where they have stocked.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Rooster tail on 4 pound fluro carbon line.

They will let you know fast or slow.

The most productive color I found was yellow with a silver blade.

Did I mention fluro carbon line?
Go ahead and buy a can of Reel Magic, you will need it too.

Oh and get some fluro carbon line.

:D

Outdoor life

RUGER said:
Rooster tail on 4 pound fluro carbon line.

They will let you know fast or slow.

The most productive color I found was yellow with a silver blade.

Did I mention fluro carbon line?
Go ahead and buy a can of Reel Magic, you will need it too.

Oh and get some fluro carbon line.

:D

So monofilament right ??? :D I use fluro carbon as a leader when trout fishing, and I really believe my numbers have doubles since.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I know I got alot of help on here when I started trying to catch the "put and take" trout in Martin.

I would go and fish for 4 hours and maybe catch one.
I switched to the flurocarbon and just like someone on here said, "You will be amazed how many you catch" I went to catching my limit in just over an hour.