Norma Factory Ammunition

Hardwoodmaterials

I went out shooting the Whitetail and Tipstrike ammo in 6.5cm and both land in exactly the same spot at 100yds out of 2 different rifles. I could mix them in the magazine and never know the difference by where they hit the paper. They also both grouped right at an inch with 5 shot groups. Plenty good for deer where I hunt. Now to see how they do on live targets.

Hardwoodmaterials

I used a Tipstrike is 6.5cm to kill a deer at about 30yds. It entered caliber size, broke ribs and made a hole roughly quarter size in the ribcage, passed through both lungs and broke ribs on the exit side leaving a hole a little larger that a quarter in the exit side hide. It seemed to hold together well at 6.5cm speeds.

Last edited:

Union Co. Boy

How does their ammo perform on game? Have seen a lot of it on the shelves lately but have never used it before. Just wondering what the terminal performance is like in my .270 or .300 win mag.
I killed a smaller 6 point with the Norma Ammo a couple of weeks ago. It was my first chance at trying it on game. The shot was between 80-100 yards from a secondary point to a facing ridge. The entry was caliber size, while the exit was just a bit smaller than a quarter. The bullet encountered ribs and scapula. The internal damage was impressive. Blood and lung tissue was spattered 10 ft or so on the leaves behind the exit. The top of the heart was gone and the lungs were obliterated. I'm very pleased with the performance, accuracy, and price. I ordered directly from the Norma site (on sale) and paid $21.99 per box plus shipping I believe.

Attachments

• 722A8A6C-CC8F-41DA-B418-21A40B170E3A.jpeg
    722A8A6C-CC8F-41DA-B418-21A40B170E3A.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 27

Hardwoodmaterials

I killed a smaller 6 point with the Norma Ammo a couple of weeks ago. It was my first chance at trying it on game. The shot was between 80-100 yards from a secondary point to a facing ridge. The entry was caliber size, while the exit was just a bit smaller than a quarter. The bullet encountered ribs and scapula. The internal damage was impressive. Blood and lung tissue was spattered 10 ft or so on the leaves behind the exit. The top of the heart was gone and the lungs were obliterated. I'm very pleased with the performance, accuracy, and price. I ordered directly from the Norma site (on sale) and paid $21.99 per box plus shipping I believe.
What caliber and what Norma bullet was you using?

Union Co. Boy

I was using the 130 grain Whitetail series in a .270. The ammo grouped very well in my Ruger American and my Winchester Model 70. The Model 70 was a bit tighter, but the Ruger was under an inch. I'm sold!

Tenntrapper

Isnt that just a warehouse/ distribution facility and not an actual manufacturing plant
Perhaps. I was thinking it had been there a yr or two. Doing an online search, seen where it was announced this past summer about a manufacturing plant...but it's also in/near Savannah. Maybe they expanding. Either way, it's great news. I've used their ammo for years...good stuff.

knightrider

Perhaps. I was thinking it had been there a yr or two. Doing an online search, seen where it was announced this past summer about a manufacturing plant...but it's also in/near Savannah. Maybe they expanding. Either way, it's great news. I've used their ammo for years...good stuff.
It is good stuff and they have great sales often

Bon3_Daddy

Last season I had no choice but to shoot the normas out of my 708 due to being the only round I could find.
I was impressed to say the least..
I have went back to Mt nobler trophy grades, but I wouldn't bat an eye to pop another norma in the head.

webfeet7

Been really happy shooting the Norma soft points out of my 7 mag. Can't beat their sale prices either

Latest posts