Norma brass

Jcalder

Anyone ever load the stuff. I expect it to be good, but how does it compare to the other like Lapua, Peterson, adg….. How much case prep should I expect to do. I know Lapua and Peterson is generally good to go as far as primer pocket uniformity and deburring go. I'll size this before I start.
image.jpg

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
Norma brass is OK but doesn't handle pressure well. Prep work will be similar to Lapua.

ADG and Lapua are far superior and Peterson gets good reviews, although I've not used any of their brass.

JRE11

I run it in a 300 wsm because I wasn't aware of another brand that would be better for that caliber (maybe there is now). Seemed to get good reports. I think it is a bit softer, but it is uniform and consistent. While working up loads I noticed some very faint ejector marks on the case head even though there were no other pressure indicators and I was well below book max charges and velocity. Dropped back a little. Seems others have reported this before as well. Just something to keep an eye on. Mine only has 3-4 firings so time will tell. I have started annealing after each firing to see if it will help extend the brass life.

I also run it in 7-08 (before Lapua started producing) and oddly I have not seen any pressure signs in the brass like above even though I'm loading this one on the high end within book range.