Nonresident Boat Qs

OldFart

12 ft Porta Boat, 5hp motor
I am 80 yrs old.
Resident of Colorado

SIR/Maam
1. If I brought this boat and motor to Tn, as long as I had it registered in CO and my CO registration sticker was in view, would I be legal in TN?
2. Would I be required to have/have proof of a boat safety course?
3. What safety equipment is required in TN?

THANKS Ray

scn

I am 80 yrs old.
Resident of Colorado

SIR/Maam
1. If I brought this boat and motor to Tn, as long as I had it registered in CO and my CO registration sticker was in view, would I be legal in TN?

THANKS Ray
If it is legally registered in CO, you are good here for 50 straight days. If you are here with it longer, you would need to register it in TN. You will need to have your certificate of number on board with you.

You, by age, are not required to have the boating safety course.

You will need a Coast Guard approved PFD of the appropriate size for every person on board. Anyone under 12 is required to wear it when the boat is underway.

If you are out between legal sunset and sunrise, you would be required to have navigation lights on the bow and stern.

If the gas tank is enclosed or in an area where fumes could accumulate, you will need a fire extinguisher.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I am 80 yrs old.
Resident of Colorado

SIR/Maam

THANKS Ray
Where in Colorado?

Latest posts